DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Finally managed to submit somebody after all this time.  Had to beat the absolute dogshit out of my opponent (hit signature a couple times and weakened the area) but got Meng to win with the Tongan Death Grip.  By the time I went to submit him my bar was huge and it was easy enough to do it.  Very satisfying win, but still hate the submission system.

Nope, just a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth over the submissions system.  99% of it warranted, because that shit is backward.

I've been having fun running my own angles on MyCareer mode.  Had two shots at the US title and couldn't beat Cena, so I treated the last one as a loser leaves WWE match and brought my guy back under a mask as "El Jefe".  (Oddly, the Undertaker liked my matches from that point on - he must've enjoyed my homages to The Spoiler.)  He beat Cena in a No Holds Barred match, then unmasked before finally beating him for the US title.

I've heard that you can get the "Cowardly" trait by doing walkouts, so I intend to spend the time till WrestleMania doing my best impressions of Money Inc.

Had one of the best unintentional feuds in Universe mode.

Sami Zayne debuts on Smackdown against the Undertaker and wins thanks to a distraction by Booker T. (Taker vs Booker T were rivals)

Then Zayne does a whole lot of nothing, but is on Rollins team at Survivor Series and pins Taker again in the six-man tag. (Rollins and Reigns were feuding)

At TLC Zayne is in a TLC match with Undertaker and wins again! (Again, the computer made the match, but they weren't feuding)

Rollins then finally feuds with Undertaker in road to Wrestlemania. So far I haven't tempered with any of the settings.

Taker then squashes Zayne at Mania.

Zayne is now doing nothing in Universe mode while Undertaker keeps getting shoved into main-events. 

By the way, does anyone know what happens if I replace the default Undertaker with for example Biker Taker (of Attitude Era Taker). Do I still get the unique Undertaker cutscenes and matches around Mania time?

Boy, it takes a long time to move up the non-NXT Championship rankings. I've been killing guys left and right (except for when the Authority asks me to lose) and I'm only up to seventh in the rankings for the IC title. 

Like, if I beat both John Cena AND Roman Reigns on RAW in separate singles matches, not to mention beating then-IC champ Ryback in a non-title match, shouldn't I be getting a title shot by now?

It took me literally two years to finally go from #1 contender to US champion - it took that long to get a shot at Cena, mostly because he didn't work every show and thus, I couldn't do a runin.  Plus every few months the game would try to get me stuck in a feud with Big Show.  If I hadn't been able to back out of the feud it tried with R-Truth, I might've deleted my save.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think they should take any time or effort away from current gen to make changes to last gen. I still play my 360 from time to time, but after two years, people have to upgrade.

Besides, there are a ton of things that need fixing on current gen. Two of my favorite modes to play, EC and Royal Rumble, are either broken or completely unchanged.

• 2 weeks later...

Last gen version is staggeringly bad. It's not even up to 2K14 levels. It's like...2011. The models are worse than ever, with 80% looking worse than CAWs. Gameplay is somehow even more sluggish and cheap, with glitches everywhere. I don't know how they managed to make a worse game.

But it's not like they were trying that hard to begin with. Austin's "career" mode is really just the Attitude Era, almost all of which you got to play through in 2K13 or 14. The ECW and WCW matches are just bonuses with no video clips or anything. And Stunning Steve is literally Stone Cold's model with hair pasted on. It's such a copy/paste job. And completely shameless.

Some terrible off screen photos of 360 version:

4thmA3vb.jpgXRMLRIzb.jpgPeT4whFb.jpg

qPyrKm2b.jpg5sHRdP3b.jpgwaAITJub.jpg

tkNjgH7b.jpgXe3MGTAb.jpg8JMe6Icb.jpg

And worst of all, imo: 

UL8xmkGb.jpg

That's not even Vader's face under the mask for fuck's sake.

• Like 1