DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Is there some sort of bug with the signature/finisher system, or maybe some gameplay element I'm missing that makes using those moves more difficult? Lots of times I've been standing directly in front of someone, with a finisher or signature loaded, and there's no prompt letting me know I can hit it. I've lost way too many matches from not being able to finish someone off when I need to.

thought this was a pretty good sim, couple of visual glitches aside

this was some bad AI at the end of a decent match, but I quite like that X-Pac fucks up by smiling vacantly into space before briefly looking worried as his error occurs to him

Elsewhere, the "crow" tag has a really good Gable and Jordan on PS4 now

Confirm something for me. Do the wrestlers featured in the Hall of Fame Showcase become playable when you purchase the DLC? $9.99 is a really good price if you can unlock and use Tatsumi Fujinami, Scott Hall, Zbysko, Arn, Bushwhackers, Natural Disasters, Alundra Blayze, and Stevie Ray in other game modes.

This game is a lot of fun. The more people you play with I find the fun ramps up exponentially. Even just doing tornado tags was great with one bud (though I feel like they desperately need extreme rulezzz tornado tags WITH eliminations). For the first time in my life, by using Spotify on the PS4, I was able to have a New Jack match that actually had Natural Born Killaz playing throughout. FUCKING TREMENDOUS. This game is a huge A+ for that alone. The La Parka CAW is pretty solid too. I didn't know they had the Thriller dance in as a taunt. Big markout moment.

Also, how long have downloaded CAWs been able to have multiple attires? I didn't know this game had multiple attires but both the Parka and Sid CAWs had several appearances to pick from. Blue tights Sid Justice ftw. And Sid's entrance has him angrily fist bumping in the crowd's general direction! :D

One thing I'd love to see: props for entrances. New Jack without a shopping cart or garbage can full  of PLUNDAH just ain't right. WCW La Parka without the chair just ain't right. HOW CAN HE BE THE CHAIRMAN OF WCW WITHOUT A CHAIR?!

• Like 1

Getting really used to the submission system. My earlier posts are wrong, I just needed time to get it down. Need tuning but I would keep it in for later releases.

This is definitely a game you like the more you play it. I love No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000, but you show me another wrestling game that has restholds, side headlocks into the ropes, cheap shots in a corner tie-up, closeup reactions to nearfalls and reversals mid-move.

Hit detection, aiming and commentary (play it on mute) need work, but I keep having good match after good match...with the cpu.

• Like 2

I've spent more time with this game. It is definitely moving in the right direction. The pacing is much better. The stuff like breaks on the ropes or crawling over for the pin after a big move/when drained of stamina are great additions.  My only issue is that the flow of the game really feels stunted by mapping it essentially to reversals. There are some reversal animations (usually when striking a downed or seated opponent) that leave the striker available to re-start the offense again without being staggered. Trigger one, and you force your opponent to use a reversal, but go back on defense after you get another first hit in and get stuck in a reversal loop. Don't trigger it, and at least you got a few more stomps in.

I know people are sick of the love for No Mercy, WM 2000, etc., but the Spirit/Attitude bars felt much more natural and like there was an organic flow to the matches where a couple of key reversals could have you going from beaten down to coming back on offense seamlessly instead of this sort of "my reversal/your reversal" deal. Also, pins were successful in those games on a combination of body damage/current Attitude level. I think that Attitude works better than a lifebar that depletes and doesn't come back. If Yuke's could implement something like that instead of the lifebar, I really think they'd have a classic modern wrestling game on their hands. 

I hope they don't stop tweaking this, though, because even if (for me), it's a game that's sometimes fun and sometimes mechanically focused on reversals, when the game feels good and like a natural match, it's absolutely fantastic. 

• Like 3

I've spent more time with this game. It is definitely moving in the right direction. The pacing is much better. The stuff like breaks on the ropes or crawling over for the pin after a big move/when drained of stamina are great additions.  My only issue is that the flow of the game really feels stunted by mapping it essentially to reversals. There are some reversal animations (usually when striking a downed or seated opponent) that leave the striker available to re-start the offense again without being staggered. Trigger one, and you force your opponent to use a reversal, but go back on defense after you get another first hit in and get stuck in a reversal loop. Don't trigger it, and at least you got a few more stomps in.

I know people are sick of the love for No Mercy, WM 2000, etc., but the Spirit/Attitude bars felt much more natural and like there was an organic flow to the matches where a couple of key reversals could have you going from beaten down to coming back on offense seamlessly instead of this sort of "my reversal/your reversal" deal. Also, pins were successful in those games on a combination of body damage/current Attitude level. I think that Attitude works better than a lifebar that depletes and doesn't come back. If Yuke's could implement something like that instead of the lifebar, I really think they'd have a classic modern wrestling game on their hands. 

I hope they don't stop tweaking this, though, because even if (for me), it's a game that's sometimes fun and sometimes mechanically focused on reversals, when the game feels good and like a natural match, it's absolutely fantastic. 

The limited reversal was a great addition, but the AI still tries to reverse whenever it can, so it does still somewhat feel like a back and forth reversal fest...that just stops when you both run out.

Tweaking is essential, but this is the most realistic wrestling game I think I've ever played. They're on the right path. I expect 2K17 and 18 to be spectacular, assuming they continue the same trajectory of growth.

• Like 1

The new moves pack DLC is scheduled to be released tomorrow. Among the new moves included is Dalton Castle's finisher, deadlift German suplex, Ricochet's Benadryller, 630 senton, Tajiri's Buzzsaw kick, War Machine's double team finisher, Young Bucks buckle bomb/enziguiri combo,Stardust's standing crossface chickenwing, Roderick Strong's gutbuster/sick kick combo, Low-Ki's black magic, Low-Ki's dragon clutch, Kobashi's orange crush, Shinsuke Nakamara's good vibrations corner stomp, Regal's necktie neckbreaker and a few others I'm forgetting.