DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

So, I have my "world" set up the way I want it now. It's an updated version of the NWA using the top indy guys as well as NXT and main roster guys I've cherry picked. Rings, arenas, shows, even indy "territories" all set up, I have the titles I want and I'm having KILLER matches.

The best part?

Cesaro is NWA World Champion.

JUSTICE!

I would actually love to see some screenshots of this (and perhaps some uploads, if you're on PS4).

Alas, I'm on Xbone. I'll try and grab some caps for ya.

I killed my daily download limit in a very short time. I cannot find the custom rings that I downloaded when I want to use them in exhibition matches, though. They have changed enough around that I need to just sit down and go through all of the menus. 

You have o "create a show" with those custom rings being used then under "match options" you can change the ring. That one got me at first too.

• Like 1

Finally beat Brock for the title in a TLC match. They really make you work for the rank ups, and they don't make a whole lot of sense.

At the next ppv, the Royal Rumble, I had to face Brock again and there was cutscene with HHH during the match. I won't give away any spoilers in case anyone runs into the same situation, but I made the wrong choice and was screwed out of the title. Nice little touch there, I quite liked it.

I enjoy MyCareer more than Universe. It needs improvements for sure, but I think they're right to focus on that more in the coming years.

Is there some sort of bug with the signature/finisher system, or maybe some gameplay element I'm missing that makes using those moves more difficult? Lots of times I've been standing directly in front of someone, with a finisher or signature loaded, and there's no prompt letting me know I can hit it. I've lost way too many matches from not being able to finish someone off when I need to.

How well do any of you think the game performs as a simulator?

13 and 14 were maddening when the COM vs COM would start a match with a finisher or a top rope superplex to the floor.

I use '14 as a sim alot. The only thing that really bugs me is when I'll have say Bret Hart vs Daniel Bryan in a submission match and Bret gets the win via chinlock...

I'm looking at getting 2k16 but I worry about little things like editing the color of trunks, changing entrances and finishers etc. Might have to rent it first and see.

thought this was a pretty good sim, couple of visual glitches aside

this was some bad AI at the end of a decent match, but I quite like that X-Pac fucks up by smiling vacantly into space before briefly looking worried as his error occurs to him

Elsewhere, the "crow" tag has a really good Gable and Jordan on PS4 now

Confirm something for me. Do the wrestlers featured in the Hall of Fame Showcase become playable when you purchase the DLC? $9.99 is a really good price if you can unlock and use Tatsumi Fujinami, Scott Hall, Zbysko, Arn, Bushwhackers, Natural Disasters, Alundra Blayze, and Stevie Ray in other game modes.

This game is a lot of fun. The more people you play with I find the fun ramps up exponentially. Even just doing tornado tags was great with one bud (though I feel like they desperately need extreme rulezzz tornado tags WITH eliminations). For the first time in my life, by using Spotify on the PS4, I was able to have a New Jack match that actually had Natural Born Killaz playing throughout. FUCKING TREMENDOUS. This game is a huge A+ for that alone. The La Parka CAW is pretty solid too. I didn't know they had the Thriller dance in as a taunt. Big markout moment.

Also, how long have downloaded CAWs been able to have multiple attires? I didn't know this game had multiple attires but both the Parka and Sid CAWs had several appearances to pick from. Blue tights Sid Justice ftw. And Sid's entrance has him angrily fist bumping in the crowd's general direction! :D

One thing I'd love to see: props for entrances. New Jack without a shopping cart or garbage can full  of PLUNDAH just ain't right. WCW La Parka without the chair just ain't right. HOW CAN HE BE THE CHAIRMAN OF WCW WITHOUT A CHAIR?!

• Like 1

Getting really used to the submission system. My earlier posts are wrong, I just needed time to get it down. Need tuning but I would keep it in for later releases.

This is definitely a game you like the more you play it. I love No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000, but you show me another wrestling game that has restholds, side headlocks into the ropes, cheap shots in a corner tie-up, closeup reactions to nearfalls and reversals mid-move.

Hit detection, aiming and commentary (play it on mute) need work, but I keep having good match after good match...with the cpu.

• Like 2