DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

So the one thing EVERYONE wanted, which was tweaking the submission system is totally ignored. Hooray.

Well they were patching bugs and glitches. The submission system is working as intended. There are just a lot of people who can't a handle on it. 

Honestly I've got it figured out but the movement feels unnatural. (the holding of the joystick at the down position and rolling it to the left and right in that position)

If you can master that movement (which again, feels unnatural) the AI's movements are pretty simple and repetitive. 

There is a pretty damn spot-on Lucha Underground arena that was put up recently by gazwefc (on PS4).  For the ring and ringside it looks fantastic.  Still need to find a couple quality LU wrestlers and with that I can get a good Universe Mode going on.

And I found a damn near perfect Asuka, and the wish of many has been fulfilled as I proceeded to have her kick the crap out of Eva Marie.  Still can't submit anybody but fun nonetheless.

I got a copy today because Target had B2G1 going on. I may regret this. 

I skipped 2K15 last year and just played 2K14, which was okay, but the last game I really got into in the series was '13. Mostly I downloaded a bunch of old NWA and AWA wrestlers and had six-man Elimination Chamber tag matches. Can you still do that last one on this game?

Is there an advantage to siding with the Authority in My Career? I thought you would get title shots or rankings boosts, but it seems like nothing major happens.

You don't get booked in handicap matches against Kane and Big Show.

Seth Rollins will come out and start helping you in matches and eventually can become your tag partner.

You eventually will end up souring them on you because you'll get match objectives that are impossible for you to complete sometimes.  It gives you the opportunity to apologize if that happens too much.

They asked me to lose to Dolph Ziggler, they can go fuck themselves

Is there an advantage to siding with the Authority in My Career? I thought you would get title shots or rankings boosts, but it seems like nothing major happens.

You don't get booked in handicap matches against Kane and Big Show.

Seth Rollins will come out and start helping you in matches and eventually can become your tag partner.

You eventually will end up souring them on you because you'll get match objectives that are impossible for you to complete sometimes.  It gives you the opportunity to apologize if that happens too much.

They asked me to lose to Dolph Ziggler, they can go fuck themselves

Who do they think you are, Cesaro????

I got a copy today because Target had B2G1 going on. I may regret this. 

I skipped 2K15 last year and just played 2K14, which was okay, but the last game I really got into in the series was '13. Mostly I downloaded a bunch of old NWA and AWA wrestlers and had six-man Elimination Chamber tag matches. Can you still do that last one on this game?

The answer to this question is yes although I don't know how many of those guys have been created yet (unless you are the one doing the CAW's).

Best match I had was a 6 man.  Bret, Bulldog, and The Anvil against Vader, Shamrock, and Savio.  It went 30 minutes.  Ended on a DQ when shammy and Vader would not get out og the ring.  Meanwhile the Harts were double teaming and using weapons.  It was pretty realistic.  The Anvil is actually really awesome to play with.  

I enjoyed the Showcase mode in this game, but everything else can fuck right off. Tried to do Wrestlemania 13 with Hart and failed on every account. I even lowered the difficult but to no avail.

Just to practice a bit I tried tapping Santino with Brock:

This is actual footage of me (on FUCKING EASY MODE). I played WWE 2k13/14 and could easily win matches on Legendary mode, but this is ridiculous. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!

I've mentioned my strategy on here before but you're doing pretty much the exact opposite of everything that actually works in your video- this is coming from a guy who not only beat that bonus objective with Bret but has cleared ALL THE BONUS OBJECTIVES and wins with submissions pretty regularly.

Make sure the body part you're working is hurt.  You wasted a lot of time trying to get subs before Santino is even in the red.  If you do them right you can get them in the orange, and sometimes in the yellow if you get lucky. More on that later.

I'm pretty sure the difficulty level doesn't do anything to the submission meter.

Don't use the boost button.  Use that to escape submissions, not to put them on.

Stop trying to do submissions with no stamina.  This was your main problem.

Move the stick left to right only.  Don't swirl it around in a circle. 

Don't go all the way around the circle.  Stick near the top.  They'll come to you.  Only move left or right, like I said above. 

Sometimes, you'll do all this and it won't work.  There's a luck component, and it's the fucking dot.  FUCK THE FUCKING DOT.  I've won submissions when they get the dot, but sometimes it's enough to put them over the edge to where they get an automatic escape.  There's really no way around this- sometimes the dot shows up in a spot that you'll never grab before them. 

By sometimes I mean ALL THE FUCKING TIME.  But sometimes it's in your favor, and getting it practically ensures you getting a submission.

• Like 3

Moving up the ranks in My Career is ridiculous for the big titles. I've beaten literally everyone in the top 10 for the Heavyweight Championship and I'm stuck at #4 and it took me FOREVER just to get there. The guy at #3 is Daniel Bryan, who I beat about 5 times, including at a ppv, following all Authority orders. I pinned the champ, Brock Lesnar, in a 6-man HIAC at the ppv and didn't move.

It's wack because if you beat the guy ranked directly ahead of you, instead of moving in his spot, the next guy below you leapfrogs you and takes that spot while you stay put. It makes no sense.

And don't say "do run ins" because I've done a thousand of those. The guy just drops after you beat him (sometimes not even) but you don't move up. It seems like I gain rank completely at random.

So, I have my "world" set up the way I want it now. It's an updated version of the NWA using the top indy guys as well as NXT and main roster guys I've cherry picked. Rings, arenas, shows, even indy "territories" all set up, I have the titles I want and I'm having KILLER matches.

The best part?

Cesaro is NWA World Champion.

JUSTICE!

• Like 1

So, I have my "world" set up the way I want it now. It's an updated version of the NWA using the top indy guys as well as NXT and main roster guys I've cherry picked. Rings, arenas, shows, even indy "territories" all set up, I have the titles I want and I'm having KILLER matches.

The best part?

JUSTICE!

Cesaro as champion of a promotion that means nothing is about right

• Like 2

The best part?

JUSTICE!

Cesaro as champion of a promotion that means nothing is about right

Oh no...in MY world, the NWA sells out big arenas. Ya see, in MY world...well...IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!

• Like 1

The best part?

JUSTICE!

I would actually love to see some screenshots of this (and perhaps some uploads, if you're on PS4).

So I've been playing this off and on in between Fallout. It's definitely interesting. I don't know how much I like it. It prioritizes the first strike over everything since after that, the person with the last reversal will get a free beatdown period on his opponent. I know that rest holds are supposed to mitigate that issue, and it somewhat works, but not totally.

I like the ideas here, definitely. I see what they're trying to do in order to take the game from a reversal-fest into something more like a typical wrestling match. It probably needs a couple more iterations of refinement. 

The showcase, which is where I have spent much of my time, is okay, but there is far too much watching the computer play out the match for you and not enough of you controlling Austin in a few of those matches. On the other hand, Savio Vega! 

I killed my daily download limit in a very short time. I cannot find the custom rings that I downloaded when I want to use them in exhibition matches, though. They have changed enough around that I need to just sit down and go through all of the menus.