DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

It seems everyone in this game is paying tribute to the sadly absent Taka Michinoku the only way they know how, by hitting his finish as a running counter 0:04 seconds into a match

http://www.twitch.tv/reviewtwinshd/v/22135890

I like the Ziggler vs Miz match at the start of this stream though! Managers are real dicks now! Even Lana!

I dunno, still looks too much like 2K15 to me.

I'll give them credit for the reversal limitations and animations.

Except Steve Austin reverses a powerbomb into a rolling armdrag, lucha libre style. That doesn't make sense. At all. Even Fire Pro had stylistic-based reversals over a decade ago. Does Vader do the same reversal or do big power guys do the backdrop?

I dunno, still looks too much like 2K15 to me.

I'll give them credit for the reversal limitations and animations.

I mean what are you expecting? How the game looked last year is the template for how they want the game to look and feel then they just add on to it every year like any other sports franchise. MLB The Show has looked pretty much the same every single year they just add minor improvements that add to the previous installments. 

Maybe it's because I'm not a die hard gamer (I have never finished/beaten a game in my life, including Super Mario Bros on the NES), but I think my standards for this game are a little lower than most everyone else. I'm not super-worried about it faithfully recreating real-life wrestling. Mostly, I just want everyone to look more or less the way they are supposed to look, and to have fairly accurate movesets. A few discrepancies here and there aren't going to bother me too much. (Kevin Owens is a little too skinny? Ok, no worries.) As long as I'm having fun, that's all that matters. I mean, Mikey Whipwreck, Sensational Sherri, Samoa Joe, Arn Anderson, and Dustin Rhodes are all in the game. How can you not get excited about that?

Of course, my optimism might be colored by the fact that I just bought a PS4 specifically for this game.

If when they decided to ship out the review copies is any indication, this is even worse than last year's game. As in don't expect a lot of reviews Tuesday because most people aren't getting it until at least Monday.

What the hell. 

Just got the game and I'm enjoying what little I've played so far.  Submission system is a bitch for me so far - playing as Stephanie, I lost to Brie's secondary single leg Boston Crab finish. 

The graphics feel a little smoother - transitions between scenes and moves seems a lot more fluid.

EDIT: Was NOT expecting a "KILL OWENS KILL" chant in the crowd as I was beating on Ryback with a chair.  And it sounded faint, too, like it was just a small pocket of fans doing it.  Very very cool.

• Like 2

Got it at midnight and played two matches before going to bed, mainly just did squash matches for the sake of time.

Balor looks amazing with his entrance, they really nailed it.  Selfie stick color aside Breeze looks amazing as well.  I like the slight change in gameplay where you can sit somebody up to do moves and you can do more with heavy ground strikes.

Also really like Savage, he actually looks like him and didn't see anything weird with his moveset.  Stardust looks pretty good as well.  The graphical detail is much better this time around, down the little things like Stardust and Finn's tassels in their entrance gear.  Curious how the women look since last year most of them looked horrendous.