DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

I'd like to imagine that while we're all ripping on Gen. Adnan being in the game, in some nursing home in St. Paul, MN a nurse just walked up to Adnan Al-Kaissie and is all "Great news, you're royalty check from 2K Sports just arrived.  You get to stay here another year." 

And Adnan is all "Oh, thank the heavens.  I do not want to die homeless on the streets."

• Like 2

I can do without the 4 Horsewomen not being in, but only if the movesets and entrances are in for them.  I'm sure they'll be plenty of CAWs.  Also would be nice if we can add music outside of what's in the game (like the good ol' days, damnit!)  If that's all there then cool.  But if all of that is not there and we have to try and piece together some semblance of what they do then there's not much sense trying to make do with that.

They said they weren't in because scanning is the easy bit and it takes time to animate the moves and entrances. So I'll take a wild guess and say they won't be in.

Besides which, I reckon Big Fresh was on the money with WWE2K17 being marketed around Sasha Banks' first time ever appearance in a video game.

The thing that has me the most concerned about this game is the fact that they are sure as hell waiting until the last minute to show us the Create a Superstar mode. I know, I know, we saw "look, the masks look like fabric" but who give a shit. Are we going to have the ability to make heads that look like....well, DIFFERENT PEOPLE? Last years CAW mode was fucking terrible. This series has always been about customization. That's what is keeping me from pre-ordering and what will keep me from buying this year.

• Like 3

The thing that has me the most concerned about this game is the fact that they are sure as hell waiting until the last minute to show us the Create a Superstar mode. I know, I know, we saw "look, the masks look like fabric" but who give a shit. Are we going to have the ability to make heads that look like....well, DIFFERENT PEOPLE? Last years CAW mode was fucking terrible. This series has always been about customization. That's what is keeping me from pre-ordering and what will keep me from buying this year.

Same here. They haven't really shown much in regards to creation, online play or universe.

Definitely holding off on the pre-order too. Sorry, Terminator.

You guys are all going to be sorry when the rest of us are booking our T2 versus John Cena WrestleMania main events.  You guys will still be booking Randy Orton in the Terminator's spot.  

Yes...yes I will. However, I'm going to create Conan the Barbarian. I'll get him over at the Rumble, push him to the moon and then job him out to Triple H. There's only room for one guy who dresses like Conan.

• Like 2

You guys are all going to be sorry when the rest of us are booking our T2 versus John Cena WrestleMania main events.  You guys will still be booking Randy Orton in the Terminator's spot.  

Yes...yes I will. However, I'm going to create Conan the Barbarian. I'll get him over at the Rumble, push him to the moon and then job him out to Triple H. There's only room for one guy who dresses like Conan.

Throw in a He-Man run in and I'm sold.  

• Like 1

You guys are all going to be sorry when the rest of us are booking our T2 versus John Cena WrestleMania main events. You guys will still be booking Randy Orton in the Terminator's spot.

Fucking A

Throw in a He-Man run in and I'm sold.  

He-Man/Skeletor for the Action Figure Wrestling Federation title was the epic feud of my youth.

Fuck that, it was all about my GI Joe promotion. Zanzibar had the World title more times than Flair, with the Skull and Crossbones (Outsider's Edge) running roughshod before Duke finally Cena'd him.

I just overshared again, didn't I.

Zanzibar was a jobber in mine. Big Boa had a death grip on the belt, until his former partner Snake-Eyes got his shot.

I inherited sweet LJN Wrestling Superstars complete with ring from my cuz when I was a little shit. It was the fucking greatest thing and they're still around sans ring. Nothing impresses women like a set of worn out '80s wrestling figurines besides a blue panther mask and a bunch of books. Really... :( Still to this day, when I'm bored and watching something on TV, I'll flip the remote around for a powerbomb or sheer drop brainbuster. I need help, I think.

• Like 1