DVDVR Message Board

Bellator 138: Unfinished Business (6/19/2015) - St. Louis, MO (Scottrade Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Yea all the 'fix' talk is stupid.  It is a well known fact that Shamrock has no chin whatsoever and those were pretty clean shots.  They wouldn't have knocked out Roy Nelson or anything and didn't knock out Shamrock either, but was definitely enough to put the 51 year old with probably permanent head issues on dream street.  Not sure what else people were expecting, I told my brother it would end in the first either the first time Kimbo got a clean shot or if Shamrock was able to get a quick takedown/submission.  Not that I am a genius, that was just the only realistic outcome.

Dude, watch all of Kimbo's boxing matches while he was under Gary Shaw. A setup fight is a setup fight. These opponents are just that bad. The current iteration of Ken Shamrock is the MMA version of a club fighter. You don't have to be downright surgical to beat Ken Shamrock.

I understand that he's an old man now but how do you have it locked in under the chin and unable to put a guy out and then just let it go? The whole thing looked like awful fight choreography.

He struggled taking down a man much bigger than him and then gassed out his arms trying to secure the choke. He has gassed doing much less.

• Like 1

The biggest tell-tale sign that Ken was gassed was that Kimbo just got back up. That can't even be described as a scramble because that assumes both guys are jockeying for position. Kimbo just leaned forward and turned his body slightly, and Ken was off of him like that. A real, legitimate grappler who isn't ancient would have had Kimbo in a body triangle for the entire round at worst.

I understand where all the fix talk on the net is coming from. Some of those tackles looked telegraphed as there was zero defence. They both kind of just stood up out of the choke (51 or not, that's muscled up arms around a neck). Also, I'm pretty sure Shamrock has worked "shoot" fights in the past by his own admission. If I'm wrong on that, somebody please correct me. But I swear I remember him saying that on Austin's podcast. 

I understand where all the fix talk on the net is coming from. Some of those tackles looked telegraphed as there was zero defence.

Because when you shoot like that from the outside, they all looked telegraphed because that's what poorly set up takedowns look like.

None of this talk is coming from logic and reason.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Shamrock has been in a bunch of fixed fights in Pancrase and that wasn't one of them.

The takedowns were poorly setup as Elsalvajeloco mentioned, but Kimbo's takedown defense is so bad that Shamrock was still able to execute it.

Also Shamrock had to go palm to palm on the choke as Kimbo's head is huge and he couldn't get his other hand behind the head.

He also kept putting pressure on the choke and gassed out his arms and Kimbo took of advantage of that and escaped the choke.

That's it.