DVDVR Message Board

Bellator 138: Unfinished Business (6/19/2015) - St. Louis, MO (Scottrade Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Bellator_138_Unfinished_Business_Poster.

Bellator 138: Unfinished Business

June 19, 2015

St. Louis, MO (Scottrade Center)

Kimbo Slice (232) vs. Ken Shamrock (204.4) - Slice, TKO (referee stoppage), R1 (2:22)

Bellator Featherweight Championship: Patrício Freire © (144.9)* vs. Daniel Weichel (144.5) (second defense) - Freire, KO (punch), R2 (0:32)

Bobby Lashley (239) vs. Dan Charles (228) - Lashley, TKO (referee stoppage), R2 (4:14)

Daniel Straus (144.4) vs. Henry Corrales (144.9) - Straus, SUB (modified guillotine choke), R2 (3:47)

Michael Chandler (155.6) vs. Derek Campos (152.5) - Chandler, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:17)

Spike.com Preliminary Card:                                
A.J. Siscoe (135.5) vs. Garrett Mueller (135.6) - Mueller, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:26)
Kain Royer (184.6) vs. Enrique Watson (185.8) - Watson, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (0:41)                                    

Matt Helm (164.8) vs. Rashard Lovelace (160.4) - Lovelace, TKO (leg kick), R1 (0:58)

Justin Guthrie (170.3) vs. Steven Mann (169.8) - Guthrie, SUB (brabo choke), R2 (1:09)
Justin Lawrence (145.7) vs. Sean Wilson (145.8) - Lawrence, TKO (elbows and punches), R1 (4:56)

Garrett Gross (155.2) vs. Chris Heatherly (160) - Heatherly, DEC (unanimous)

Adam Cella (170.3) vs. Kyle Kurtz (171) - Kurtz, SUB (armbar). R2 (4:13)

Eric Irvin (155.2) vs. Hugh Pulley (155.6) - Pulley, DEC (split)            
Miles McDonald (115.3) vs. Dan O’Connor (115.3) - McDonald, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (4:30)       

*Reweighed after weighing 145.2 on first attempt

Rating: 1.58 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:

Patrício Freire vs. Georgi Karakhanyan - Injury to Karakhanyan (Torn ACL)

Bobby Lashley vs. James Thompson - Injury to Thompson
Rashard Lovelace vs. Demagio Smith - Bout Nixed      

• Like 1

Even though there is probably not as big of a crossover between the audiences, Bellator still definitely needs the NBA Finals to end tomorrow night. I originally thought GM 7 would be on Thursday, and it turns out it would be on Friday night head-to-head with Bellator 138.

I thought the Shamrock fight was depressing then I saw the "Finally" special and that was much more depressing.  Kimbo is fine given that it is him but Shamrock is training this fight like a homeless person.  Hell he may actually be homeless living in a van in a parking lot.  

The story behind the first fight was pretty great although I have no idea how much is true.  People speculating that Ken got out of the fight by blading is something.

While that was a pretty hard shot on Shamrock,  I am convinced that McCarthy used the "Hes fallen and he can't get up" logic when stopping that fight.  

Oh well I am sure Bellator will have Ken fights someone in another 5 years 

• Like 1

When they showed Royce Gracie in the crowd I joked that the next show was going to be him vs the guy who wore the one boxing glove.    But as much of a trainwreck as it was it probably going to get a good rating.  Well good by Spike's standards

The other highlight is announcing that Phil Davis is going to be in a 4 way tournament and then nobody could find him to get on stage   :lol:

Yeah it was very fun the co main event and main event both delivered in what type of fights they were suppose to be.

The Co main event reminded me of Kennedy vs. Romero without Romero's corner cheating to give him more time to recover.

I don't know. Laugh all you want, that fight looked fixed to me. How the fuck does Ken Shamrock have a guy locked deep in a choke and 1.  not finish him and 2. let go of it.

Then he takes one shot, stumbles to the ground and Big John steps right in.  It looked like Vince McMahon booking an MMA match. I was waiting for the ref to pick up and drop Kimbo's arm three times.

To be fair to Ken, it was a really good shot square on his forehead that put him down. There was a cut (OMG, he bladed again!) and a rather gruesome looking dent where the punch landed.

What's Tank Abbott up to these days?

Somewhere getting piss drunk in Huntington Beach. Basically, what he has been doing for the last 15 years.

More like 30. Strange thing is, I'll still run into him doing some roadwork on Sundays.

What's Tank Abbott up to these days?

Somewhere getting piss drunk in Huntington Beach. Basically, what he has been doing for the last 15 years.

More like 30. Strange thing is, I'll still run into him doing some roadwork on Sundays.

Hey, I gave him some credit for being a part of 3 Count. :D

To be fair to Ken, it was a really good shot square on his forehead that put him down. There was a cut (OMG, he bladed again!) and a rather gruesome looking dent where the punch landed.

Ken also can't take a punch or anything to the face. He got stopped easily by Buzz Berry, and that was like seven or eight years ago. He hasn't been decent at MMA for well over a decade now. In order for this fight to have happened, it had to be a lax commission like Missouri or some ungodly place where the whole fighter safety thing is not a big priority. Ken shouldn't have been in the cage with Rich Franklin and Tito the second and third time. That was ten years ago.

Plus, Ken was fighting a man who had a thirty pound functional weight advantage over him. A regular sized welterweight could have folded him up with a good punch. So yeah, a guy who is 60 pounds heavier is going to bulldoze him.