DVDVR Message Board

RIP Christopher Lee 1922-2015

odessasteps

Damn.  RIP to the man that put Count Dracula and Hammer Films on the map.

Really enjoyed the late renaissance of his career with Sleepy Hollow and the LoTR films.

Lee elevated anything he was in no matter how mundane or goofy. Hammer horror was such a big part of my childhood, I loved the late career resurgence, and he was recording metal albums in his 90s. Any actor would be envious of his reach in pop culture.

As soon as I saw Christopher Lee trending I was like “please don’t let this be what I think it is.Maybe he just fucked up and said something stupid.” And it was what I thought it was.

Sadness.

At least he lived a long life, I suppose. 

93 is a grand old age, for a grand old actor.

What a life from World War 2 service, SAS service, a Knighthood, getting to star in all those awesome Hammer movies with Peter Cushing, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Metal Albums.

His Biography is just flat out full of awesomeness.

RIP Good Sir

I knew this was coming sooner rather than later, when I heard that all of Saruman's scenes in the new Hobbit trilogy had to be filmed in England because poor Christopher was too ill/weak/whatever to travel out of the country. But it's still a tremendous loss.

...I guess that Death was just biding his time until he finally took Terry Pratchett, and then afterwards was all like OKAY, I'M GOOD NOW?

Suppose I should finally get around to watching the original Wicker Man now, considering Lee said it was his very favorite movie that he ever made.

This is acting here, son.

I absolutely adore that scene. Raw Meat is a semi-obscure movie and most of the scenes without Pleasance or the monster are pretty bland, but that one-scene run-in by Lee is one damn fine piece of cinema.