DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

PS2 games are coming to the PS4 store tomorrow but it's a very limited amount of titles (you can't redownload the ones you bought on PS3) and they're $10-15. I will probably still get one of the GTA games.

Oh God, it's hard to resist Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Mark of Kri, GTA PS2 games, and Twisted Metal Black. Must hold strong.

And Final Fantasy VII PC port.

The GTA games missing some of the music is a dealbreaker for me. Does anyone know if San Andreas has the full soundtrack on it's Xbox 360 version?

I'm really having to talk myself out of Twisted Metal Black, and I never played Rogue Galaxy, which I know people adore.

PS2 games are coming to the PS4 store tomorrow but it's a very limited amount of titles (you can't redownload the ones you bought on PS3) and they're $10-15. I will probably still get one of the GTA games.

Oh God, it's hard to resist Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Mark of Kri, GTA PS2 games, and Twisted Metal Black. Must hold strong.

And Final Fantasy VII PC port.

The GTA games missing some of the music is a dealbreaker for me. Does anyone know if San Andreas has the full soundtrack on it's Xbox 360 version?

I'm really having to talk myself out of Twisted Metal Black, and I never played Rogue Galaxy, which I know people adore.

I don't think any of the releases other than PS2, Xbox, and original PC pressing have the full soundtrack.

TBH though I've played through both VC and SA on PS3 and mobile the past couple of years and I didn't notice the missing songs.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here tried setting up another account on their PS4 for a different region? I've seen people mention it before to take advantage of other counties PSN sales. You make a second account and set it as a US/Canada/Hong Kong/wherever and link it to your main account. Then you just buy PS store funds in whatever region you plan on using to pay for the games.

If anyones tried it, is it as simple as it sounds? and is there any potential backlash from Sony for doing this?

Other countries sales prices are some times up to 50% cheaper than what we get here in the UK and i was thinking about taking advantage of that.

Not impressed with any "boxing day"/holiday sales this year. Got a gift card and picked up RS Siege with a slight discount.

Yeah the PS4 selection was pretty thin. I did end up getting the new Need for Speed though. Seems decent so far, definitely better than Rivals.

We probably should change the title but I don't want to start a new thread. Here are the free Xbox Games with Gold for January:

Thief (Xbox One) - December 16-January 15
Killer Instinct: Season One Ultra Edition (Xbox One) -- January 1-31
Zheros (Xbox One) -- January 16-February 15
Dirt Showdown (Xbox 360) -- January 1-15
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Xbox 360) -- January 16-31

All the Xbox 360 games are also playable on the XBox One, so its basically five free games for Xbox One owners with Gold. For XBox One owners, the easiest way is to go to the website and download the 360 games, then they will appear on the One. They can't be grabbed straight from the store in the XBox One Dashboard. Hopefully they will streamline that at some point.

There's this thread for Xbox stuff. Now that Fresh isn't around spamming Microsoft stuff, it's fallen to the second page.

Weak PS+ month for me. It seems like ever since the PS4 came out (and I subsequently got PS+ membership), the quality of freebies hasn't been quite as nice. That's not to say there haven't been some quality free games but they aren't releasing the same amount of AAA games.

There's this thread for Xbox stuff. Now that Fresh isn't around spamming Microsoft stuff, it's fallen to the second page.

Weak PS+ month for me. It seems like ever since the PS4 came out (and I subsequently got PS+ membership), the quality of freebies hasn't been quite as nice. That's not to say there haven't been some quality free games but they aren't releasing the same amount of AAA games.

They have the hook of having to have it to play online. If they came out with a reduced price one that was online game access, I would go for that. I've had PS+ for a year and I only kept 4 or 5 of the free games. Most are deleted after playing them for 10-15 minutes.

I figure that if I get three or four games that I would have paid twenty bucks to play, I got a really good return on the service. For me in 2015, that was Rocket League, Counterspy, Guacamelee: STCE, Rogue Legacy, and KZ: Mercenary. Those games were worth about a hundred bucks retail altogether.

If there is a year where I don't get at least forty bucks worth of stuff via IGC that I enjoy, I will be more down on that part of the service, but so far, so good.