DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

This week's update in the US:

Free:

- Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3) - Some kind of endless runner, music platforming game.  I don't have high hopes for it but will give it a shot anyway.

Discounts

- The Tomb Raider with Quantum Conumdrum package is back for $20. 

- a bunch of Vita games are on sale

Also, Duck Tales comes out today and may have a PS+ discount still.

Glad to see this topic back, Tabe. Thanks for reviving it. Also, thanks for getting me on PSplus and making me a digital hoarder LOL. I was getting ready to play Sleeping Dogs and realized I have downloaded a ton of games since joining Plus. AND I already had a backlogged shelf to boot.

Glad to see this topic back, Tabe. Thanks for reviving it. Also, thanks for getting me on PSplus and making me a digital hoarder LOL. I was getting ready to play Sleeping Dogs and realized I have downloaded a ton of games since joining Plus. AND I already had a backlogged shelf to boot.

Would have been back sooner had I realized this forum had come back.  I kept checking the old URL instead of going to the main DVDVR site. 

This week's update in the US:

Free

- Star Wars Pinball (PS3 & Vita) - The standalone version of Zen's four Star Wars tables from Zen Pinball 2.  They aren't the best tables in Zen 2 but they're good and very polished.  A lot of fun to play, especially for casual pinball folks.

- Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower (PSP) - Another 1-on-1 fighting title from Capcom.  Supposed to be good.

Discount

- Divekick (PS3 & Vita) - 2-button fighting game - $7.99

- Killzone Mercenary (Vita) - Public Beta access

- Ms. Germinator  (PS3 & Vita) - Some kind of action puzzle game. $8.

Dive kick looks appealing to me mostly because people I trust who played it at Pax East and E3 seemed to like it, and because it looks like it would be a good Drunk Gaming Party game. Not dethroning Bomberman or anything, but something to just dick around with in a big group of people with failing reflexes and inflated confidence.

It's a Vita kind of week in the US on PS+:

Free

- Machinarium (Vita) - Was free on the PS3 a few weeks ago, still haven't played it yet myself but I've heard it's good.

Discounts

- Spelunky (Vita) - $12.  I think this was free before but can't remember.

- Draw Slasher (Vita) - $3.  Another weird indy action game.

- Lots of other discounts with the highlight probably being Journey for $3.75.  I didn't like the game but everybody else did.

It's a Vita kind of week in the US on PS+:

Free

- Machinarium (Vita) - Was free on the PS3 a few weeks ago, still haven't played it yet myself but I've heard it's good.

Discounts

- Spelunky (Vita) - $12.  I think this was free before but can't remember.

- Draw Slasher (Vita) - $3.  Another weird indy action game.

- Lots of other discounts with the highlight probably being Journey for $3.75.  I didn't like the game but everybody else did.

Spelunker HD was free last year on PS3.  SpelunkY is brand new (well, it came out as a PC freebie about 5 years ago, but the commercial iteration is brand new) for both PS3 and Vita this week.  It's an easy mistake to make.

Newly free this week - looks like a permanent change:

Pinballistik - One of the first pinball games on PSN.  No idea if it's any good or not.  Don't have high hopes but I downloaded it and will give it a shot.

The September PS+ deals for the US:

Free

- Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)

- Ico (PS3)

- GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP, Vita)

- Rayman Origins (Vita)

- Galaga Legions

Some good titles in this lineup.  I'll at least grab Galaga and Ico.

The September PS+ deals for the US:

Free

- Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)

- Ico (PS3)

- GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP, Vita)

- Rayman Origins (Vita)

- Galaga Legions

Some good titles in this lineup.  I'll at least grab Galaga and Ico.

I'm so glad I renewed my PS+ subscription -- RE Chronicles HD Collection and Galaga Legions DX for me.

• 2 weeks later...

So this week's deals for North America:

Free

- Galaga Legions DX (PS3) - I downloaded the demo before and it bored me but I'll give it a shot again. 

Discounts

- a buttload of Call of Duty and Aliens: Colonial Marines discounts

- Doodle God (Vita) - $4.49

- Dragon Fantasy Book II (PS3 & Vita) - $11.99.