DVDVR Message Board

XCOM: The Long War - DVDVR SAVES THE WORLD!!!!

I finally got a major equipment upgrade: 6 Carapace Armor, 1 Plasma Rifle, 3 Light Plasma Rifles, 2 Plasma Pistols. Now we are in buisness

Oh, and Australia and India

UFO Crash Site: Large Scout
Operation Killer Clown (I didn't catch the actual name, but I'm sticking with that)
Someewhere

Team
Phil "Freud" Rippa
Big "Hulk" Fresh
Odessa "Spider" Steps
"Bonzai" Pira Nesi
"Scotch" Niners Fan
"Psycho" J.T.

Going big leagues baby!

Mission Summary

Rapid Spawn into

Two Thin Men Spawn: Know what's freaking awesome? Being able to be the fucking instigator for fucking once. I WELCOME THIN MEN. BRING THEM THE FUCK ON. And they are dying fast. Hey, look at that! We got some...

Two Floaters Spawn: Pfft. Once more, I'm not particularly concerned so far. And.... Oh

One Cyberdisk, One Drone: Oh.... Cyberdisk. Fuck. I actually am okay with that "In Theory" but that's gonna make me super glad I raised my armor. And fuck, am I ever, as Piranesi gets Critical Hitted for Fucking TWELVE. But he has 17 Hit Points right now. The Disk falls, as does everything else. Moving forward now.

Anyway, find an Outsider, Piranesi has it killed purely as a reaction, The End.

Squadmate Roundup

Phil "Freud" Rippa: 15 Kills

Odessa "Spider Steps: 19 Kills
Promoted to: Major (Low Profile), 91 Will, 106 Aim

Big "Hulk" Fresh" 13 Kills

"Bonzai" Pira Nesi 12 Kills

"Scotch" Niners Fan: 7 Kills
Promoted to Lieutenant: Rifle Suppresion, 50 Will, 86 Aim

"Psycho" J.T.: 12 Kills

NOW WE ARE COOKING WITH GAS!

I call bullshit on those stats.   Odessa has never scored more kills than me in any game ever that involved shooting things with guns unless it was Jobber Thursday and I was allowing myself to be murdered.

~!! Shots fired

You just don't understand. 

There was open weeping and celebration the first time that Mark, Rippa, and I successfully extracted in Mass Effect co-op in a Silver match.   We won't even talk about Gold extractions.

Usually it was Mark's utterance of "Oh, crap... I'm down..." that heralded the team wipe.

It was about that time that my trademark yelling started.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaand we are back!

Alien Abductions

Operation Devil's Heart

Kansas City Missouri

Team

Phil "Freud" Rippa

Odessa "Spider" Steps

Big "Hulk" Fresh

"Psycho" J.T.

Gon Zo

Death From Above

Tactical Note: The USA was actually at red danger at this point when I chose this mission. I'm choosing to save it, then get Satelites up in Europe. This is a "Very Difficult" Mission, and will probably be the toughest Abductions mission yet.

Mission Summary:

As soon as we get started...

2 Mutons Spawn: Odessa isn't in the mood to fuck around, and quickly Headshot Criticals one to an early grave. I try to move J.T. to an advantages position, but....

2 Mutons Spawn: Fuck, difficultly really going up now up at this point. And it gets worse.

3 Floaters Spawn: Now a 6 on 6, and we don't have the fire power or positioning advantage. J.T. takes a shot for 5. Sometimes though the biggest advantage you can get is your guys just hitting there damn shots, Gonzo takes out a Muton, Odessa takes out a floater, and Phil takes out an additional Muton to make it 6 on 3 and I'm liking things..... And then bad shit happens, as a Floater fucking Crits on Gon Zo.......

Squad Member Killed: Gon Zo

To there credit, the team responds quickly and decisively taking out the remaining 2 Floaters and Muton. But that's not the end of the mission, cause that would be too simple. 

3 Mutons Spawn: And they have a good defensive position, and immediately Phil takes two biiiig hits, and DFA takes a pretty good one. Muton tries to take out DFA, but misses, after J.T. gets a huge kill. Overall this is going pretty terrible. Fresh eats a grenade, which takes out his cover, and is hit hard, but not fatally. We eventually wear them down, but still, shit man.

Squadmate Roundup:

Phil "Freud" Rippa: 18 Kills

WOUNDED: 7 days

Odessa "Spider" Steps: 21 Kills

Big "Hulk" Fresk: 13 Kills

WOUNDED: 4 days

"Psycho" J.T. 15 Kills

WOUNDED: 5 days

Gon Zo: 5 Kills

KIA

Death From Above: 4 Kills

PROMOTED to Corporal: (Holo Targetting)

WOUNDED: 3 days

Memorial

Gon Zo

Cris Tobal

Brian Fowler

D. F. Above

Craig H

Matt D

Also, added some new soldiers to the barracks and every single one I drew has fucking outstanding stats.

Yeah, I should have been on this the last 2 days, my bad.

UFO Landing Site: Large Scout

Operation Dying Hawk

South Africa

Team

Phil "Freud" Rippa

Odessa "Spider" Steps

Pira Nesi

Misan Thrope

Pete And Pete (Only thing I can come up with a 4 letter name, my bad)

Ram Sey

Testing out a bunch of rooks on a Large Scout Landing? What can go wrong!

Mission Summary:

Man, Spawn, VERY close to the ship, like literally on top of it. Am able to get a decent offensive position before the first spawn, which is good.

3 Mutons Spawn Both Rippa and Odessa miss big shots forcing Piranesi into a spot I'd rather he didn't have to make to get a Muton off and man shit is getting really fast. Ramsey is quick to the kill party, so there's that.

1 Cyberdisk, 2 Drones, and 2 Floaters spawn: Not digging this a bit. The Cyberdisk manages to not be hit by a Rippa 80%, and then drops a grenade on top of Phil and Odessa for 5. Not loving this at all.

2 Sectoids Spawn: Not huge threats other then them being just additional guns shooting against us. I have no clue how nobody has fallen yet, honestly. Cyberdisk decides that fuck Pete, and.... well..

Squad Member Killed: Pete. I think Pete will get another shot soon, cause man he got fucked over. Ramsey responds by killing the Cyberdisk in ruthless vengeance. I think everything that spawned so far is dead now, but we haven't even gotten into the ship yet.

1 Outsider Spawns: That poor bastard...

Mission passed.

Squadmate Roundup:

Odessa "Spider Steps: 23 Kills

WOUNDED: 2 Days

Phil "Freud" Rippa" 19 Kills

WOUNDED: 4 Days

Pira "Bonzai" Nesi: 14 Kills

Pete and Pete: 

KIA

Misan Thrope: 2 Kills

Promoted to: Support: 60 Will, 77 Aim

Ram Sey: 3 Kills

Promoted to: Sniper: 65 Will, 88 Aim

Yeah, I should have been on this the last 2 days, my bad.

UFO Landing Site: Large Scout

Operation Dying Hawk

South Africa

Team

Pete And Pete (Only thing I can come up with a 4 letter name, my bad)

Pete and Pete: 

KIA

It's actually a good thing you didn't spend too much time on his name

• Like 1