DVDVR Message Board

XCOM: The Long War - DVDVR SAVES THE WORLD!!!!

Unknown was the original game.  Within is the expansion that adds some mechanics, gameplay elements, weapons/armor/researches, and slightly improves the RNG(but not by much).

You have to have Unknown to be able to play Within, which makes the super sale that much better.

You have to have Unknown to be able to play Within, which makes the super sale that much better.

Not on consoles. If you're a PC guy, just get XCOM: The Complete Edition (which is on sale right now for $10 anyway). If you're on consoles, skip "Enemy Unknown" and go straight to "Enemy Within". It's like a GOTY edition of "Unknown".

Aaaand just picked the game up for 10 bucks on Amazon. Have been wanting it for a while, but 10 bucks is just too good to pass up on.

The Complete Edition? Because if it's not, then it's a better deal on Steam right now.

Aaaand just picked the game up for 10 bucks on Amazon. Have been wanting it for a while, but 10 bucks is just too good to pass up on.

The Complete Edition? Because if it's not, then it's a better deal on Steam right now.

I can't afford almost any game, what makes you think I can run anything short of games like Town of Salem or TEW on my laptop?

I can't afford almost any game, what makes you think I can run anything short of games like Town of Salem or TEW on my laptop?

Oh, I see. You're in for a blast.

I'm wondering if you realized there's about 1000 Ammo drums in Inventory because of the mods that sell for $28 a piece.

I have no idea what this means.

Take a gander into the Gray Market (I'm assuming you have, since you should be selling off the damaged UFO Power Cells and Computers that are useless otherwise), up at the top of the list are an item called Ammo Drums.  Equiping them gives you like, 3 more shots with your primary weapon, but selling them on the market gives $28 a pop.  

Oh, and they always replenish back up to 1000.   

On another note, I got incredibly lucky last night, and beat the first Terror attack with 1 casuality, 1 gravely wounded, and 14/18 Civilians saved.