DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-8-15

MGFanJay

I like hearing WO's take on Raw at times, but it was an infuriating listen.  I very much liked the show.  The Owens/Cena/Neville segment was fantastic and hit all the right notes with me.  It made a ton of sense and it led to a damn good match.  R Truth was hilarious in his cameo, as was Dean going around New Orleans.  Piranesi has some quality material to go with with if he wanted to.  And Big E with the "Simmer, simmer, simmer" line was great too.  Didn't expect Noble/Mercury to win, but even with distraction I was happy as could be for them.  Seth buried a deep hole and it's fun seeing him try to climb out of it.

Love the Owens/Cena build and hope we get at least a trilogy out of it. Big E/Titus was a great slugfest. I've always thought Noble might be the most underrated guy of the 2000's. He went to ROH at their peak when they had the best roster they ever had, and was pretty much the MVP of 2005.

• Like 1

Got a kick out of JBL comparing Rowan/Harper to the top All Japan gaijin teams of the 80s and 90s.  They could be the next Hansen and Brody, or the next Williams and Albright.  Never expected Gary Albright to be namedropped on WWE TV.

• Like 1

With Paige and Nikki talking about #GiveDivasAChance and Paige constantly bringing up change for the Divas division I wonder if there's gonna be a mass call-up of NXT women to help Paige beat Nikki at MITB

I'm a huge sucker for drunk New Orleanians shouting "who dat!" at wrestlers, so I loved this show and thought it was the best Raw in quite some time.

Dean was great, the opening segments and matches were great, I'm enjoying Ryback's IC push.  The MitB clusterfuck segment was great.  New Day is very enjoyable.  The main event was fun and I dig cowardly Rollins. 

Lana and Dolph have no chemistry at all, which makes me believe the plan all along was to have Rusev realign with her eventually, using Dolph as a pawn in order to re-establish some momentum for Rusev makes sense. I did find it funny how Ziggler dropped two near F's bombs on camera. Rusev is awesome though, I do wonder how long he's out for as it's only a matter of time before the feud fizzles out and becomes redundant.

Got a kick out of JBL comparing Rowan/Harper to the top All Japan gaijin teams of the 80s and 90s. They could be the next Hansen and Brody, or the next Williams and Albright. Never expected Gary Albright to be namedropped on WWE TV.

I was surprised JBL went with Doc & Albright over Doc & Gordy.

• Like 1

I do always think it's funny when guys on the show laugh at each other. I'm with Mick Foley. In an era where we're not pretending it's real, it's nice to know sometimes that these guys get a kick out of each other...

Anyone else with Time Warner having a problem with the show getting cut off because the DVR thinks that "Chrisley Knows Best" is on? I'm missing pretty much the whole main event.

You need to tell it to record long, like a sporting event.

Anyone else with Time Warner having a problem with the show getting cut off because the DVR thinks that "Chrisley Knows Best" is on? I'm missing pretty much the whole main event.

I would just blame that on Chrisley, because fuck that show.

• Like 3