DVDVR Message Board

July 4th Live Special

steve

Awesome opener from Jericho/Neville. Really good stuff, loved the finish. Nice divas triple threat. Owens/Balor was as awesome as expected, super cool moment. Brock destroying was even shorter than I thought it'd be, love it ending with F5s for all 3. Main event should be fun.

The complete Balor/Jericho match from yesterday's show is on YouTube. And it's awesome. I expect nothing but good things from Neville/Jericho, I hope it's given a good chunk of time just like this one was.

Is it still up, I cant find it anywhere?

That was an awesome show. I really can't believe they actually paid everything off with Balor winning, I really thought they'd chump him out for some inexplicable reason. That match was off the charts too. Kneejerk I think I liked it better than the Cena matches, less video gamey and Balor is probably my favorite male wrestler right now. I was blown away all night by how absurdly good Cole and Saxton were, it was like hearing Schiavone and Tenay calling a cruiserweight or Japanese match. They were incredible, they did so much homework and added so much to the show it was crazy.

I have no idea how they mic'd the ring but I could hear almost every spot being called in the Divas match. The match wasn't bad either. I liked Jericho vs Neville and Balor as well, it did a lot to rehab my opinion of him. Clearly Jericho can still go and get all his shit in he just looks so horrible and fat. He's the new Barry Windham. Main was fun too, got good time and I loved the Kofi squash. 5 star squash.

• Like 2

God the Main went 25 minutes.

I'm not sure why they didn't take 10 minutes off of that and then PTP vs Lucha Dragons could have aired

Still - Cena shook Nise Curry Man's hand so that alone made it worth watching

Balor/Owens was great, really enjoyed it. Great visual of Balor being covered in streamers, if anyone has a pic of it it would be greatly appreciated.

Is it me or does Lesnar just get bigger and bigger?? Looked like he enjoyed the reception he got too.

Balor V Kenta and Joe V Owens in Brooklyn maybe?

I know it was a house show, but I think guys would get over so much better with commentary like we had on this show.

Also, Jericho and Owens working the crowds were awesome.

"This is awesome," from the Japanese crowd was fantastic.

Fun show.

This was a delight from top to bottom. I didn't even mind the tag match with SuperCena pinning Barrett. Amazing what WWE can do when VKM isn't around to micro-manage and insert random bits of misogyny and poop jokes.

And my boy went over, 'tis a great day to be Irish!

• Like 1

Loved Jericho-Neville - it was just what it needed to be. Divas title triple threat was a thing. BROCK-KOFI WAS PERFECT. Kofi took a great ass-kicking, but had enough from Kofi to where he didn't look like a total chump. Loved New Day being beaten up too - I now want Brock-Big E. Balor-Owens was just perfect. It had drama from beginning to end, and we got to see the WWE debut of BLOODY SUNDAY! "Fujiyami" celebration with Balor was nice. Glad to see Finn win it - they're doing everything right with him so far.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/wwe-presents-brock-lensar-beast-in-east.html

Screens -

b6f214419694604.jpg

2bc6e8419694616.jpg

9af3be419694619.jpg

6eb27a419694751.jpg

20fd47419699498.jpg

900696419699618.jpg

04af7a419704530.jpg

389d2d419704379.jpg

02eb8c419694771.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/rmtwuiptmqsxjobv3ylvn62krv55z1gq

Jericho/Neville was good and the most I have enjoyed a Jericho match in years. Brock/Kofi was super fun while it lasted. Owens/Balor was great. Its by far Balor's best performance in WWE so far. The main event tag was solid though 5-10 minutes longer than it needed to be. I couldn't help but enjoy it regardless as I love Cena in the tag supporter setting.

• Like 1

I woke up at 5:30 but was hoping to sleep some more.  After tossing and turning I turn on wifi to check email when the WWE app spoils the winner of Balor/Owens (at 7am EST)  I was fucking livid.  I knew he would win, but it's still fucked up just spoiling it like that.  So I got up and saw the show but was really annoyed up until the match.

That said, Neville/Jericho was good.  If Jericho wasn't in mid life crisis mode he'd be much more enjoyable in this type of role.  The Divas match was okay, but nothing special.  Brock/Kofi was such a glorious ass-kicking, I'll never get tired of Brock throwing fools around.  And RIP to Kofi's neck, holy shit.  Finn/Owens was wonderfully surreal.  I was wondering if there'd be streamers and sure as shit they had it in spades for him (along with flowers and all).  It's really fitting he did stuff like the Sling Blade and Bloody Sunday.  The "Too sweet" sign was in full effect and it's wonderful that he's allowed to fully embrace what he was in Japan.  Absolutely tremendous.

And why in the fucking fuck would the tag match be at the end?!  That was horrible booking, Finn/Owens should have been last.  It's like they kind of knew at the end, as they made sure to have the last shot be of him as champ.  All in all, it was a two match show and for those alone they delivered.

Quit your whining about having to stay up late/get up early.

That's what every European has to go through for every regular PPV, if he wanted to see it live. Regular PPVs usually start at 2am and end at 5am for us.

He was going to Japan anyway to visit Masa Saito one last time and figured "well, might as well have WWE pay for the trip" and did the match. It's very doubtful Brock got high six/seven figures for this - and if he did, good on him.

This was Byrons best work on commentary. Cole did great he did his research but Bryon was more knowledgable. He is so much better without the heel commentators burying him and Vince screaming in his ear plus just them 2 instead of 3.He sounded so comforable on the headset for once.