DVDVR Message Board

July 4th Live Special

steve

Since it's July 4th how about "Great American Bash in Japan"?

Absolutely just for the absurdity of it also being headlined by an Irishman vs a French-Canadian.

"Our Independence Day"

In fact, if Kofi doesn't do a parody of the President Whitmore speech in preparation for his match with Brock, I'll be somewhat disappointed now.

Kofi throws a punch at Brock and screams, "Welcome to Earth!." Brock no sells and gorilla presses him onto Xavier and Big E followed by five more minutes of suplexes. Being an agent for Brock matches would be the best job in the world.

Kofi throws a punch at Brock and screams, "Welcome to Errf!." Brock no sells and gorilla presses him onto Xavier and Big E followed by five more minutes of suplexes. Being an agent for Brock matches would be the best job in the world.

FIFY

• Like 2

They need to bring Ambrose to Japan and shoot vignettes of him searching for, and meeting his true birth father, Atsushi Onita.

Aw, too bad he's going to be in Winnipeg.  To take off that line, can you imagine if he did a segment with Nakamura?  Or how about a segment with them going around the city raising hell?  That's be soooooo much fun to watch.

They need to bring Ambrose to Japan and shoot vignettes of him searching for, and meeting his true birth father, Atsushi Onita.

Aw, too bad he's going to be in Winnipeg.  To take off that line, can you imagine if he did a segment with Nakamura?  Or how about a segment with them going around the city raising hell?  That's be soooooo much fun to watch.

You misspelled "Dino."

• Like 1

Dean needs to meet up with mid-200ish Great Sasuke so they can discuss how to do ridiculous spots and still walk afterwards.

For some reason, Dean seems like the kinda worker who'd understand why you'd put a barrel over your head, climb the turnbuckle, and.... put yourself through a table.

• Like 1

Kofi throws a punch at Brock and screams, "Welcome to Earth!." Brock no sells and gorilla presses him onto Xavier and Big E followed by five more minutes of suplexes. Being an agent for Brock matches would be the best job in the world.

Until Brock's opponent dies in the ring.

• 3 weeks later...

The closer it gets the more excited I am for the show.  Brock/Kofi is going to be tremendous for many reasons.  And there's something awesome about Balor with paint going back to Japan.  I know WWE hates the "Too sweet" sign, but they have to expect people are going to remember him for that.  I'm so excited for this I considered getting up at 5:30 for this, but I like sleep.  Either way it's going to be a fun morning.

Just a headsup for people looking to record the show: my cable provider had it listed as a 30 minute show, so I had to extend the recording by 3 hours just to make sure I get the whole show. Not sure how long the show is listed for everyone else, but definitely worth confirming.

They're still promoting Brock vs Kofi on the Network. I would love to see Kofi get the win over Brock. But I want it to be a DQ win. Something like Brock has Kofi up for the F5, Big E acts like he's gonna get in the ring, Brock drops Kofi and deals with Big E and Xavier just attacks Kofi for the DQ win

It makes ZERO sense for that match to happen. KOFI? I just don't get it. Brock goes all the way to Japan to commit a 5 minute murder? Why would the WWE waste one of his appearances on a zero of a match.

Apparently Brock asked to be included in the Japan tour as he wanted to visit Japan and see Masa Saito, so he figured he'd do a short appearance on the WWE Tour and have his trip paid for, as well as actually get paid himself. Prety smart booking on his part, if you ask me.

I don't know if this would be counted as one of his official contracted dates, though, since it's something he requested.

Apparently Brock asked to be included in the Japan tour as he wanted to visit Japan and see Masa Saito, so he figured he'd do a short appearance on the WWE Tour and have his trip paid for, as well as actually get paid himself. Prety smart booking on his part, if you ask me.

I don't know if this would be counted as one of his official contracted dates, though, since it's something he requested.

I thought I remembered hearing something about Brock's contract where WWE had the option to add a date for a predetermined amount of money.