DVDVR Message Board

July 4th Live Special

steve

So, apparently the Japan show with Brock/Kofi is going to air on the Network as a live special at 6:30am ET.

- Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores
- Divas Title: Nikki Bella vs. Paige vs. Naomi
- Tag Titles: New Day vs. Tyson Kidd & Cesaro
- Chris Jericho vs. Neville
- Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston
- John Cena & Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane & King Barrett
- NXT Title: Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor

Per Meltz, Brock is on the show because he and Brad Rheingans wanted to visit Mr Saito (who's been in rough shape for awhile). A working vacation of sorts for him. That said, him against Kofi makes zero sense.

Give me New Day vs Prime Time Players. Looks like a fun show. Be really cool if the Tag Titles and NXT Title changed hands on the show. Make the show seem more important and make the Network seem like a bigger deal. As far as the Divas Title be cool for Naomi to finally win the title in Japan but I think they are trying to surpass AJ's record so Nikki is gonna be champion for awhile.

With Kidd hurt, what do I have to sacrifice to whatever wrestling God to get a one night Paul Heyman Guy handicap match of Brock/Cesaro obliterating all of New Day?

I would imagine that Kofi is the one wrestling Brock is so he can do a lot of bumping for him and since he's in the tag team division won't hurt his stock getting dismantled in short fashion.  But with Kofi busy with Brock will Big E and Xavier have to defend the tag titles by just themselves which will be the way they explain the title change.

I like Brock wrestling Kofi exactly because he's the last guy you would imagine him wrestling. Something different from another match with Cena or HHH.

Now that Cesaro's partner is out for the forseeable future, I wouldn't mind seeing him wrestle Lesnar since he is someone who'll give Brock a good match but obviously Brock will go over in this match.  But I guess they just want Brock is dismantle his first opponent since he shouldn't be having a competive match with anyone who's recently been just a tag team competitor.

Kofi finally wins a MITB, but foolishly puts it on the line against Brock who clowns the entire New Day in hilarious fashion to warm up for Rollins.

This card is delightfully random, and I hope WWE does more international shows like this for the network. If Kidd's out, I propose Cesaro vs. Harper.