DVDVR Message Board

Sepp Blatter and FIFA, Nincompoops

Dolfan in NYC

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If this is the default futbol stupidity thread now ...

Sky Sport Italia suspends Paolo Di Canio after showing ‘dux’ tattoo

They hired him because he is a batshit crazy lunatic, then they suspend him for being a batshit crazy lunatic. The guy is basically the crazed homeless guy you see on the street ranting about the illuminate, why did they not expect this?

US Soccer has issued a statement basically telling Megan Rapinoe to stand for the anthem, or else.

Representing your country is a privilege and honor for any player or coach that is associated with U.S. Soccer’s National Teams. Therefore, our national anthem has particular significance for U.S. Soccer. In front of national and often global audiences, the playing of our national anthem is an opportunity for our Men’s and Women’s National Team players and coaches to reflect upon the liberties and freedom we all appreciate in this country. As part of the privilege to represent your country, we have an expectation that our players and coaches will stand and honor our flag while the National Anthem is played.

Rapinoe's response:

“Quite honestly, being gay, I have stood with my hand over my heart during the national anthem and felt like I haven’t had my liberties protected, so I can absolutely sympathize with that feeling.”

This is going to get much worse before it gets better...

• 2 weeks later...