DVDVR Message Board

Sepp Blatter and FIFA, Nincompoops

Dolfan in NYC

This dude just got reelected last week and proclaimed himself President of Everybody, and less than a week later he's gone.  I can't wait unitl all of the details of this case come out, shit is going to be outrageous.

I'm positive the scenario was that the FBI or the Swiss equivalent showed Blatter what they had, told him he was being arrested, and it was his choice if it happened to President Blatter or private citizen Blatter.  

I am also positive every single person that got arrested fell all over themselves to give the FBI everything they had on Blatter.   No honor among thieves, ya know. 

• Like 2

Surprised no one's brought up how Blatter's arrogance means they're going to have to expensively reconvene for another election down the line. He could've stepped down instead of Prince Ali after the first round of elections last week and saved everyone a metric fuckton of aggravation.

• Like 1

Splitting the FIFA/Blatter stuff away from the main thread, because:

1) it's going to get worse before it gets better

2) I want to be able to look back on this a few years from now and laugh and laugh.

ABC is reporting that the FBI basically has Blatter in their crosshairs.   A $10m "payment" from South Africa is the big target.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jun/03/sepp-blatter-reports-fifa-president-us-corruption-probe-live

Richard Conway ‏@richard_conway  3h

I'm told Sepp Blatter received a 10 minute standing ovation from approximately 400 Fifa staff when he addressed them earlier today.

sigh

You can sigh all you want, but he was president all those times for a reason.  Those people love Sepp Blatter and would rather have him in charge than anyone else.  We can sit here hand ringing and talking about how terrible Sepp and his boys are, but they made those people a lot of (questionably legal) money.  Odds are Sepp Blatter isn't going to be the last dude who they'll have to indict, because the people who are voting seem to want to do business this way.

• Like 1