DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Booooooo

I want Lesnar and Harper to re-create the Awesome/Tanaka series.

Smiling at the visual of Lesnar vs. Harper and Lesnar vs. Cesaro.

If you seriously don't want to see Kofi Kingston eat white hot death at the hands of Brock fucking Lesnar, in Japan, where he is more likely to be even stiffer... I don't know if you are a reasonable wrestling fan.

When Kofi found out, his emotions are "I'm getting booked against Brock" to "I'm going to get the shit beat outta me by Brock".

Just rewatched Cesaro/Kidd vs the Ascension from 4th May and Cesaro has the best hot tag in the business right now. Those continuous uppercuts should be a finish not a kick out at 2.

I like Cesaro's uppercut strikes, the Very European Uppercut and now this, I call it the Uppercut Combo X10.

Tyson Kidd suffered what we are told is a pretty bad neck injury at the Smackdown taping this past Tuesday in Houston, Texas taking a muscle buster from Samoa Joe. In a clip that's making the rounds on Youtube, it appears Kidd took the bump for the move on the base of his neck.

There's been no specific diagnosis announced but among wrestlers, the talk is that Kidd will be out of action at least several months.

PWInsider.com has reached out to WWE for official comment.

Well that sucks for Tyson and Joe   :(

Tyson Kidd suffered what we are told is a pretty bad neck injury at the Smackdown taping this past Tuesday in Houston, Texas taking a muscle buster from Samoa Joe. In a clip that's making the rounds on Youtube, it appears Kidd took the bump for the move on the base of his neck.

There's been no specific diagnosis announced but among wrestlers, the talk is that Kidd will be out of action at least several months.

Well that sucks for Tyson and Joe   :(

What a shitter.

Well that sucks for Tyson and Joe :(

Kidd and Joe didn't wrestle at the smackdown taping in Houston.

• Like 1

Well that sucks for Tyson and Joe :(

Kidd and Joe didn't wrestle at the smackdown taping in Houston.

They did a dark match prior to Raw though

Just be glad they picked Kofi and not Kane. We should also cross our fingers that we've avoided Brock vs. Big Show part 2394729384791087 for the time being.

I wanna see Kane vs Brock.

And Brock vs Show is always good.

Just be glad they picked Kofi and not Kane. We should also cross our fingers that we've avoided Brock vs. Big Show part 2394729384791087 for the time being.

I wanna see Kane vs Brock.

And Brock vs Show is always good.

To each his own but I think I'd rather see Brock wrestle El Torito before Kane and I have no desire to see Brock vs. Show ever again.

• Like 1

In that Kidd/Joe clip, why did Joe drop down (brainbuster style) instead of falling backwards (suplex style, like all the other times I've seen him do the Muscle Buster)?  Is that something he's been doing the past year?

And, sonuvabitch, I wanna see Joe vs. Brock?

In that Kidd/Joe clip, why did Joe drop down (brainbuster style) instead of falling backwards (suplex style, like all the other times I've seen him do the Muscle Buster)?  Is that something he's been doing the past year?

GODDAMMIT TYSON. Now you fucked up Joe AND Cesaro's positions because you wanted to take a move like Gary Wolfe took Shane Douglas' DDT.

That's the impression I got: Tyson wanted to really take the move "the right way" to get Joe over.  It's the 2015 equivalent of not getting your hands up on chair shots.

You know, there's a reason Joe does that move suplex style and not brainbuster style.  There's something to be said about wanting to make Joe look like a million bucks, but it's at the cost of his health.  That, and it's freaking Superstars, so how many people are actually going to watch this?  Bad idea.

That said, I sense Joe's going to get blamed for this even if this was Kidd's idea.

I can't believe Brock is going to Japan and no one has requested he fight Godzilla. That's the real draw, yeah? 

Also, I think Brock should be on all of the network specials. Let's see what happens when Dolph Ziggler tries to fool Brock with one of his classic pranks! Tough Enough contestants should just be thrown in to a ring with Brock. The lone survivor is given a WWE contract. 

• Like 2

I can't believe Brock is going to Japan and no one has requested he fight Godzilla. That's the real draw, yeah? 

Also, I think Brock should be on all of the network specials. Let's see what happens when Dolph Ziggler tries to fool Brock with one of his classic pranks! Tough Enough contestants should just be thrown in to a ring with Brock. The lone survivor is given a WWE contract.

Brock already has a contract.

• Like 9

Nice to see some Tully Blanchard love here. Flair and Double A were awesome but Tully NEVER get's the polish he deserves. GREAT in-ring ability, great on the stick, and a natural heel. I would have loved to have seen him turn on Flair just to see a series of matches between the two.

• Like 2

I love the part in the Four Horseman doc where they're talking about the Horsemen without Tully, and he says it's not the same without him because -- he pauses for a second -- they needed a "blasting cap", and he was the blasting cap. Said with the most shit-eating Cheshire cat grin on his face, of course. What a great line.

For everyone saying Tyson sacrifced his career, at the moment, to get Joe over during a Superstars match: it's much worse than that.

It was a dark match before the Superstars taping.

That assumes there'd be a survivor.

I point you to the "Juggernaut, Bitch" line, "I'ma beat the shit out'cha Charles, then I'ma beat you *with* Charles."  He would destroy bodies with the bodies of bodies.

• Like 2