DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I ordered one of his shirts this morning, and for some reason I'm getting charged three times for it. So you're welcome, Samoa Joe fans.

Ha. This reminds me of the Jericho story where he bought his action figure, and it said "Hulk Hogan Action Figure" on the receipt. The conclusion was the Hulkster was getting all of the action figure monies.

IIRC, it was Jericho/Eddy two pack that rang up as Hogan vs Sting.

Oh, I bet they still allow him to fulfill that date, but it may be a match just for DVD, not aired on TV.

Looks like you're right.

As for Tommy Rogers, I marked out when he wrestled Bobby Fulton on Raw.  Too bad nobody in the building knew who they were.

I ordered one of his shirts this morning, and for some reason I'm getting charged three times for it. So you're welcome, Samoa Joe fans.

Ha. This reminds me of the Jericho story where he bought his action figure, and it said "Hulk Hogan Action Figure" on the receipt. The conclusion was the Hulkster was getting all of the action figure monies.

IIRC, it was Jericho/Eddy two pack that rang up as Hogan vs Sting.

It was actually a Jericho/Malenko two-pack that his wife bought.

I was wondering if anyone remembers a match from WCW Saturday night. It was Arn Anderson against someone (Pillman?) where Arn just kept working the arm over and trying to get the other man to quit. He wouldn't quit so the ref had to stop it. It made Arn look like a total badass and I wish the E would do more things like this to get heels over. Arn was a scary motherfucker. 

While watching that garbage-ass Cena/Rusev I Quit Match, I realized that WWE's I Quit Matches are worked just like their Last Man Standing Matches.  Guy hits a big move, wanders off, ref counts/says do you want to quit, repeat ad nauseam.

Magnum TA didn't wander off when he got Tully Blanchard down.  He tried to jam a wooden spike into his eye and forced that cocksucker to quit.  Cena runs Rusev through the ringside barricade.  He throws him into pyro.  Instead of pressing the advantage, he just sits there with a look of regret that he can't believe he caused harm to his opponent...that he's trying desperately to harm.  They do so much standing around with their thumb up their own ass instead of trying to jam their thumb into their opponent's eye.

Someone joked that at least Lana didn't throw a shoe but I think that would've been a lot better.  Cena has Rusev locked into the STF, Lana throws a shoe at him, Cena takes the shoe and jams the heel into Rusev's mouth, Rusev's tapping while screaming with a shoe in his mouth so the ref decides that sounded like "I quit" and calls for the bell.  Then Rusev's got a legit complaint that Lana cost him the match because of her interference and that the ref misunderstood him say that he "would never say I quit" because his mouth was full of the shoe Lana threw in the ring.

Such a lame breakup.  Both worked for Putin.  Rusev was Russia's bought super-athlete.  Lana his assigned social media ambassador.  They've never even been portrayed as a romantic couple.

• Like 9

Well that's John Cena's problem. He has moral concern for his enemies. He really is booked like Superman. Superman kills Zod to save a family and he cries about it. Cena dumps Rusev into the damn pyro and blows him up and he's like "oh no, I didn't want to do that". They should have honestly ended the match right there. We could get stuff with Rusev still chasing Cena.

JOHN CENA YOU TRY TO BLOW ME UP. I AM STILL HERE. YOU'LL NEVER BE RID OF ME.

Rusev getting blown up would have been way better than this half assed romantic angle they're doing. Let Cena cry about almost killing a guy. Rusev made him do something he didn't want to do.

I think the lesson in all of this is we need more Magnum T.A.'s and Tully Blanchards in wrestling.

• Like 4

Tully had the most punchable face in all of wrestling. Smug bastard. Who has a face half as smug as Tully's today? That's a high bar to reach for today's wrestlers.