DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So what if Hogan doesn't know the names of the players and the coaches? He's in his 60's. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his car keys every other day.

Also, Hogan didn't call out Punk. I watched the pre-game show where this all started. The studio guys asked Hulk if he knew that Punk was a Blackhawks fan and Hogan cut a wrestling promo on how the Blackhawks were gonna lose.

Punk was reacting to a tweet where Hogan fired a shot at Punk for quitting, not a televised promo on the Blackhawks.

I follow Punk on twitter; he's very easy going about hockey.

Like I said the Blackhawks are in a whole lot of trouble,they should take their puck"punk" and go home,CM can show them the way brother HH

My WrestleMania prediction: Hulk Hogan will lose to Kevin Owens and pass the power of Hulkamania to him.

Terry Bollea realizes that the age of the blonde muscle man is gone and that Americans (and Canadians) are getting fatter. In order to continue its mission, the spirit of Hulkamania needs a vessel that resonates with the modern day audiences. At Jerry World, Kevin Owens will defeat Hulk Hogan, the lights will flicker, Owens will put on a "Hulkamania" t-shirt and become "Hulk Owens."

• Like 1

There was a time where it would be pretty much unthinkable that any corner of the internet would take Hogan's side in a beef with CM Punk.  

I don't know about taking Hogan's side so much as pointing out the obvious that it takes a certain type to fall for Hogan's Twitter silliness at this point. 

If Hogan were in his mid-to-late 40s again, I could totally go for a round of "Hogan goes to NXT, gets beat by all the up-and-coming stars there) in similarity to what he did in his '02-'03 run after dropping the Undisputed Championship.

In case you care.  From Smash Wrestling:

As a follow-up to his appearances on Wrestling Observer Radio (here and here) last week, we are happy to report that Chris Hero indeed survived a three-hour+ gauntlet Sunday in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, for Smash Wrestling. He ran the gauntlet in order to raise money for ALS, successfully raising $3440 which exceeded their goal.

#01- Chris Hero d. Rip Impact
#02 - Rich Swann d. Chris Her
#03 - Jason Kincaid d. Chris Hero 
#04- Chris Hero d. Tarik
#05- Chris Hero d. Tyler Thomas
#06 - Chris Hero d. Brent Banks
#07 - Facade d. Chris Hero
#08 - Sebastian Suave d. Chris Hero
#09 - Chris Hero d. Tarik
#10 - Chris Hero d. Ben Ortmanns
#11 - Chris Hero d. Rip Impact
#12 - Jason Kincaid d. Chris Hero
#13 - Chris Hero d. Tyler Thomas
#14 - Chris Hero d. Brent Banks
#15 - Chris Hero d. Tarik
#16 - Chris Hero d. Facade
#17 - Chris Hero & Rich Swann go to a draw as time expires

ONE LAST OPPONENT: Tarik was previously eliminated 3x by Hero and donated $180 for 10 more minutes. Tarik used the Smash Wrestling Championship to knock out Hero multiple times all leading to DQ wins for Hero. An unconscious Hero was then pinned numerous times by Tarik who left the ring laughing to end of the Infinity Gauntlet.

I also heard the Hero vs Samoa Joe match the previous night is one to go out of your way to see as well.

That seems like a pretty remarkable task. Why did WWE not want Hero again?

So? There's a fat people movement that landed a large woman on the cover of People magazine. Fat in wrestling has been there for a long time. Haystacks, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Murdoch, King Kong Bundy, Viscera, Yokozuna, Umaga....and a long list of others, have all been fat and successful in wrestling.

It's not that he's fat, it's that he wouldn't do what they asked of him when they provided him with every tool to do so. Especially since he'd gotten in shape before on his own, so he really had no excuse. I don't know if it's an attitude problem per se, but there was clearly a disconnect somewhere.

Everybody's doing well now, so it's probably for the best.

• Like 3