DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

This is why Chris Hero is awesome

On June 7th, Chris Hero will take part in a gauntlet match with Smash Wrestling to raise money for ALS Canada. The length of time that Chris Hero will wrestle – even if pinned or submitted, will be determined by your donations!
The match starts at 20 minutes. Once we reach $500 it raises to 30 minutes.
$1,000 = 1 hour. $1,500 = 90 minutes. $2,000 = 2 hours and so on!
All who donate $10 or more are invited to come to the Cross Body Academy in Waterloo for an exclusive meet & greet with Chris Hero and to attend the match.
All donors will receive a digital download of the match before it is shared for free with the world.
Most importantly, your donation will 100% benefit ALS Canada and the incredible work that they do.
On behalf of Chris Hero, Dave Bullard, Smash Wrestling, Cross Body Pro Wrestling Academy and ALS Canada, thank you for your donation.

Right now they have the $2,000 so yes Chris Hero is working a 2 hour match at least.   So for all you people bitching about him being too fat well this should take care of that.  

Here is the link for donating:

http://smash-wrestling.com/als/

I do remember IWA MS had a similar concept with a benefit show where they were going to do a 4 hour show that consisted of gauntlet ironman match with a 4 hour time limit  

• Like 1

I don't think anyone should blame indy guys for having a change of heart about the WWE. A lot has changed in the past few years.

If anything, I think Owens push is a pretty good sign for indy guys that WWE will give them a fair shake along with the sudden expansion on NXT.

• Like 1

That Hero match is just going to be 2 hours of finisher bombs.

He'll get hit with a Tiger Driver then lay down selling for 5 minutes only to get up and walk into a Super Kick before laying down for another five minutes...

I do remember IWA MS had a similar concept with a benefit show where they were going to do a 4 hour show that consisted of gauntlet ironman match with a 4 hour time limit  

I love the idea of an IWA MS benefit show. Who did it benefit, Ian Rotten and Mickie Knuckles?

If the WWE doesn't officially put the belt on Ambrose at MitB, are they risking setting off another Bryan-esque pushback from the fans?

I don't think so.  No one (or virtually no one) believes Ambrose is the best wrestler in the world.  And Owens is occupying most people's attention.

I'm kinda hoping that the Hero benefit raises $24,000.

24 Hours of Hero would be awesome.

I don't understand myself sometimes. I can't imagine watching a two-hour match, but the idea of a 24-hour telethon match makes me want to hook up an IV of 5 Hour Energy and power through the whole thing.
  • Like 1

I don't understand myself sometimes. I can't imagine watching a two-hour match, but the idea of a 24-hour telethon match makes me want to hook up an IV of 5 Hour Energy and power through the whole thing.

I can't stand telethons. But whenever Desert Bus For Hope takes place I go a week without sleep.

• Like 1

While we're talking about Ambrose's rebound lariat.  Who was the guy in Zero-One that would take a whip into the ropes, fly thru them, hang on to the bottom rope and somehow fling himself back in.  And is there a video clip somewhere.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Ikuto Hidaka.

This. It would be a world record, and worth watching for the spectacle. Shit, as it is it's an event. I'd enjoy it if there was a Royal Rumble element, where the next entrant could be someone awesome, a legend, or something like random ass Bubba Ray Dudley.

I fear the final opponent will be Eddie Kingston.

The IWC would go bizzonkers if Punk was one of the opponents. And ate up 90 min of the match.

• Like 1

Oh man that would be incredible.

Could WWE do a similar charity event? Could Cena go say 24 hours against the entire nXt roster? Even if its not all out just do 24 matches in 24 hours with each match getting a 1 hour time limit.

Give them 30-45 mins each with a 15 minute rest/promo window for Cena to hype the previous guy (and the charity) before facing the opponent.

24 opponents -

Brian Kendrick

Kevin Owens

Rhyno

Finn Balor

Hideo Itami

Tyler Breeze

Baron Corbin

Samoa Joe

Tyson Kidd

Antonio Cesaro

William Regal

Soloman Crowe

Handicap against Blake and Murphy

Handicap against Vaudevillains

Handicap against Ascension

Bull Dempsey

Kallisto

Jason Jordan

Chad Gable

Big Cass

Sami Zayn

It would be awesome to finish with Cena and Sami going to a 1 hour draw.