DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

How close are Brock and Kofi? You would think would be able to pick his opponents, especially for something like this. I immediately assumed they were friends if Brock picked Kofi to work with. I imagine he would let Kofi get a couple moves in

How close are Brock and Kofi? You would think would be able to pick his opponents, especially for something like this. I immediately assumed they were friends if Brock picked Kofi to work with. I imagine he would let Kofi get a couple moves in

I'm picturing New Day getting involved and Big E and Xavier getting tossed around as well. Actually sounds like a lot of fun if they go that route.

Well, Brock and Punk were apparently buddies during their program together, and Kofi was Punk's road beef tm.

• Like 2

Kofi Kingston is not Paul Heyman, Sable, or a bear. So no, they aren't friends.

• Like 3

So Roddy Piper has always been prone to hyperbole and wild storytelling about his own exploits. Is there any reliable intel on how legit tough he was (or wasn't)?

Are heresay and conjecture considered reliable intel?

A bit less reliable than rumblings.

• Like 1

So Roddy Piper has always been prone to hyperbole and wild storytelling about his own exploits.  Is there any reliable intel on how legit tough he was (or wasn't)?

To come up in the era he did, I would guess he was pretty tough. Piper has never spoke of himself as a super tough guy but a survivor.

Listening to his podcast Piper seems to downplay his antics down or he'll say something like "I was a trainwreck back then" or "I was a real nut" and when your 15 breaking into the business in the '70s like he did your gonna have to do some things your not proud of just to make it to the next town.