DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Summer 2015

Jiji

Funny story from tonight's Cosmos game: one of the fans who got banned from the stadium over incidents at the game vs NYCFC showed up, stood outside the stadium and cheered his team on. Now THAT'S dedication! Also heard rumblings that the team is fed up with Hofstra treating them like crap and will move to MCU Park in Brooklyn starting next season. The playoff semifinal and potential final will be played at MCU so this isn't a surprise.

• Like 1

The champion's league playoff seeding is too complicated for me to explain in brief (that's my way of saying "I don't really understand it and it's not worth working through"), but anyway, as far as the playoff for group stage slots goes:

Manchester United can be drawn against CSKA Moscow (Russia), Lazio (Italy), Club Brugge (Belgium), Monaco (France), or Rapid Wien (Austria).

Celtic can be drawn against Skenderbeu Korce (Albania), Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel), Astana (Kazakhstan), Partizan Belgrade (Serbia), or Malmo (Sweden)

The champion's league playoff seeding is too complicated for me to explain in brief (that's my way of saying "I don't really understand it and it's not worth working through"), but anyway, as far as the playoff for group stage slots goes:

Manchester United can be drawn against CSKA Moscow (Russia), Lazio (Italy), Club Brugge (Belgium), Monaco (France), or Rapid Wien (Austria).

Celtic can be drawn against Skenderbeu Korce (Albania), Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel), Astana (Kazakhstan), Partizan Belgrade (Serbia), or Malmo (Sweden)

I thought they had it down to "actual league champions in one pool (the Celtic pool), and "the other teams we let in the tournament in the other pool (United/CSKA/Lazio/Monaco pool)".

Ten minutes of incredibly bad refereeing in the Euro League Qualifier between Dortmund and Wolfsberg lead to Reus getting yellow carded, then not awarded a pk, then Kagawa getting his goal called of for offside after what was a solo run. Really hope this doesn´t turn ugly for the BVB...

Astana vs. APOEL

Skënderbeu vs. Dinamo Zagreb

Celtic vs. Malmo

Basel vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv

BATE vs. Partizan Belgrade

Lazio vs. Bayer Leverkusen

Manchester United vs. Club Brugge

Sporting CP vs. CSKA Moskow

Rapid Wien vs. Shakhtar Donetsk

Valencia vs. Monaco