DVDVR Message Board

WWE Elimination Chamber

Phil Schneider

This is where being a life long wrestling fan sucks because as soon as Ambrose got the pin I thought Dusty finish.   Hopefully this won't be like every other Dusty finish in the new WWE where the baby face gives back the title tomorrow and looks like a complete geek. 

I'd be pretty damn surprised if Ambrose just hands the title over. As far as he's concerned, he's champ, and he's not gonna let that belt go anywhere.

Also, Neville-Bo was pretty freaking good but just lost in a spot nobody cared.

Cena/Owens was great and even though they threw everything at each other but the kitchen sink they didn't reach anywhere near Kurt Angle levels of finisher kick outs which made it play out perfectly.

That Dusty finish was textbook, complete with "send the fans home happy and come back next time" ending. And the two faces are friends. It was like warping back to 1986.

• Like 1

No complaints about the show. People getting up in arms about it reminds me of the Louis C.K. bit about airplane WiFi. This show didn't exist like two weeks ago, it's hard to be that upset. 

Owens and Cena was fantastic and the main was a lot of fun and leads us to a Shield three-way at MITB. Rollins has been great in-ring. I know he's not being booked strongly but who was the last heel champion they booked strongly? Mark Henry?

The main thing is they've seemingly got Ambrose and Reigns in a good spot as top babyfaces. 

I see Owens coming out tomorrow night saying he's not facing John Cena at MITB since he has nothing to prove. The MITB match is shaping up to be a pile of shit with those participants. At least we can expect something crazy from Neville. 

No complaints about the show. People getting up in arms about it reminds me of the Louis C.K. bit about airplane WiFi. This show didn't exist like two weeks ago, it's hard to be that upset.

Owens and Cena was fantastic and the main was a lot of fun and leads us to a Shield three-way at MITB. Rollins has been great in-ring. I know he's not being booked strongly but who was the last heel champion they booked strongly? Mark Henry?

The main thing is they've seemingly got Ambrose and Reigns in a good spot as top babyfaces.

Um.. Brock?

• Like 1

Speaking of not good Paige's timing was off on every single thing she did. They gave the divas a chance to have a good match, and they once again came up short.

Yeah, I mean Paige did some really good matches on NXT so I've always been high on her - also, I think she's the hottest Diva they've had since Trish but I realize that's just my personal thing - but it's hard to blame it all on Nikki and Naomi. I mean Naomi is the shits and Nikki tries hard and does some things well despite being limited but, yeah, Paige clearly is good enough to hang with girls who can work but she's no Bryan/Sami/Guy Who Shan't Be Named who can be thrown in a match with any two schmoes and single-handedly carry them to respectability. And they really gotta stop treating her like she can because she's gonna get legit hurt one of these days trying to do big spots with people who can't.

Based on one watch each I'd have Sasha/Becky over Cena/Owens, but I liked both matches, and Owens knocked it out of the park. Cena was actually throwing some decent looking punches too.

• Like 2

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed the main and Neville/Bo. Clearly, Cena/Owens was the match of the night, but I got really into the title match and thought it was booked perfectly. The Neville match also told a great story.

The Diva's match was embarrassing. Whose fault is that? Like, there has to be a reason the main roster Divas matches are so bad, right? I felt like it was laid-out well, but none of them were able to execute. 

Speaking of not good Paige's timing was off on every single thing she did. They gave the divas a chance to have a good match, and they once again came up short.

Yeah, I mean Paige did some really good matches on NXT so I've always been high on her - also, I think she's the hottest Diva they've had since Trish but I realize that's just my personal thing - but it's hard to blame it all on Nikki and Naomi. I mean Naomi is the shits and Nikki tries hard and does some things well but, yeah, Paige clearly is good enough to hang with girls who can work but she's no Bryan/Sami/Guy Who Shan't Be Named who can be thrown in a match with any two schmoes and single-handedly carry them to respectability. And they really gotta stop treating her like she can because she's gonna get legit hurt one of these days trying to do big spots with people who can't.

I've never seen Paige in a match I thought was better than average against anyone not named Emma. At this point I think it's fair to say she's overrated. Nikki has been easily better over the past year.

• Like 1

Um.. Brock?

That just speaks to how people view Brock. He's like, a force of nature more than a face or a heel. (I get your point, though, and agree.)

So let's talk about that IC title train wreck.

Barrett pushing Dolph though Marks cage, which led to Mark just leaving it and beating the shit out of him. Don't think that was planned.

Sheamus's cage thing which I legit thought wasn't planned for a while. 

R-Truth scoring a victory over Barrett (via Finisher mashing, but still). King of the Ring still worthless.

Just a complete and utter lack of pace or planing into the match in general.

The agents for both Chamber matches should be ashamed. How do you have a face team get a sneak attack elimination on Cesaro and Kidd coming off a hot run of offense you knew would pop the crowd? The crowd died when that happened. 

• Like 3

The tag EC match was a lot of goofy fun. Perfectly acceptable car crash.

Owens/Cena was great. Owens is an awesome heel trash talker. This is Cena's best type of match. There were still matches I liked more (Sasha/Becky, Reigns/Bryan) because they were executed really well and stood out for being super unique. This was a great match in a formula that's been done to death. Uniqueness means a bit more to me. But KO is a total star and this was great.

The women's match was awful. Surprised Paige wasn't paralyzed after the reverse rana.

IC EC match was bad but it looked like the Henry glass botch had a lot to do with that. The announcers missing Sheamus pretending he was locked in was awful.

Main event was a lot of fun. I really liked the Dusty/CM Punk hybrid finish. Good cliffhanger that sets up the next PPV.

Fun Sunday night.

• Like 1