DVDVR Message Board

I Am A Fool

DEAN

I used to love Big Bossman during his first WWF run, then during his WCW run, I listened to my friends that thought he was trash. Then I went back and watched his stuff again when I got the Network.

I was a fool for turning my back on Bossman. I deserve hard time.

Yeah, I didn't appreciate him in WCW then, but I could watch Bossman and Vader beat the shit out of each other all day, and he was a great base for guys like Eddie.

And I still don't know what the fuck a Bae is.

Short for baby. As in, "I love you, baby/bae."

I'm not particularly keen on it.

Misconception. Stands for "before anyone else."

Most old folks aren't fans - check out the vaguely racist urbandictionary entry.

What Other Meanings of BAE Are There?

1.A term for the following:girlfriend/boyfriend,bestfriend, someone you find cute or attractive,someone your "talking" to. 2.Before Anyone Else 3.Baby,babe,boo,etc.

If we really want to technical, bae is Danish for feces.

Why do you assume I'm old?

• Like 2

Was Peggy Sue ever actually revealed as being Sherri Martel?  I never realized it was her either until much later but it didn't seem like the character was around very long.

I do remember a WWF Magazine picture of Jimmy Hart getting caught backstage undressing out of the Peggy Sue outfit after he interfered in a match.

Its really weird. Finished off the 1987 WWF Superstars season set this week. Most of the episodes in the second half of the year are from a Boston feed. Localized promos for shows coming up at the Boston Garden hype a Savage-Honky Tonk match with Peggy Sue at ringside and Craig DeGeorge in his line of questioning is asking Jimmy Hart and Honky Tonk Man about accusations that Peggy Sue is in fact Sensational Sherri in disguise, with Jimmy and Honky denying it. Then a few weeks later Peggy Sue makes her first appearance on the main show and there's no mention of the Sherri rumors at all. It came off like they debuted the Peggy Sue gimmick on house shows, made the Sherri link in localized promos, but then when they went national with it they dropped the "Peggy Sue is Sherri" part of the angle.

Because you're grousing about the slang of young people in a very "get off my lawn" fashion like someone lamenting how the number sign is now the hashtag.

In the same way I assume anyone taking the time to post on this board about their negative feelings towards skinny jeans doesn't have a strong fashion sense.

Because you're grousing about the slang of young people in a very "get off my lawn" fashion like someone lamenting how the number sign is now the hashtag.

In the same way I assume anyone taking the time to post on this board about their negative feelings towards skinny jeans doesn't have a strong fashion sense.

Due to the sheer amount of Disney shows I'm forced to watch on a weekly basis, I'm pretty sure the skinny jeans epidemic will be over soon.

You assume a lot.

Please forgive me if I was mistaken and you're simply a young person with the personality of a cantankerous old person.

Wrestlers I've tipped as future world champions: Scotty Riggs, Johnny Curtis, Chaz Warrington, fucking Phantasio (because I saw his debut match where he gave a face mask to a child at ringside, and that made him JUST like Bret Hart to my 13yr old mind). Utter fool.

• Like 3

I thought Tom Brandi had a real shot in the 98 Rumble, probably out of a desperate hope that the signed Salvatore Sincere 8X10 I convinced my Mom to buy me at an indy would be valuable.

If you're judging people's fashion sense from their posts on an internet wrestling message board, that is probably your 'I am a fool' moment.

• Like 4

Pretty sure I mentioned to my sister at some point "Pretty sure Glacier and Ernest Miller can be Tag Champs"

I don't remember what happened next, so I'm going to assume she beat me up out of spite. I deserved it.

You couldn't have known how much Bischoff hated the tag team titles. Otherwise, that would have been totally viable.

• Like 1

Wrestlers I've tipped as future world champions: Scotty Riggs, Johnny Curtis, Chaz Warrington, fucking Phantasio (because I saw his debut match where he gave a face mask to a child at ringside, and that made him JUST like Bret Hart to my 13yr old mind). Utter fool.

Scotty should still be giving us all the clap on television each and every Monday night.

• Like 2

When the Radicalz jumped from WCW to WWE, I had Perry Saturn pegged as the one that would be the most successful based on the assumption that he was the only one with the size/mass to really thrive as a heavyweight, and I figured the Kowalski connection to Triple H would do him wonders as well. Then Eddie and the Junkyard Dog went on to have their moment at the end of Wrestlemania 20, and Dean went to take the agent gig that he has to this day, while Perry went on to befriend a mop, and then literally disappeared for several years.

• Like 3