DVDVR Message Board

The 2015 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not usually one to complain about calls because it goes both ways (especially when your team has an all star) but that travel on Mozgov was game changing. The Cavs going up with a minute to go I think makes a world of difference. Obviously it would have been ideal to win that game, but I think the Cavs showed they could play with the Warriors. They might get run out of the gym next game and that's okay because Golden State is a good basketball team, but I'm confident that Blatt will find adjustments and advantages. People are going to claim jitters for the start of the game for Golden State, but the Cavs really were face guarding and working hard and contesting in a way that Houston did not. Golden State was clearly committed to not giving help on Lebron and staying home on the other wings, and if they continue to do that I think Lebron will continue to score like he did in game one. I would be shocked if Iggy can play that way for two games in a row, let alone four or more. If Lebron has a similar stat line in game two, even with a Golden State win, I think we see Kerr adjust and shooters get a little more open. Also, not enough people give credit for the Cavs offense being effective. Sure ISO is a bad word right now, but they were equally efficient to Golden State through four quarters. It's not as if you get style points. 

I feel awful for Kyrie. Dude was busting his ass and playing so well. He looked 90%, and then his body let out again. We'll see what happens in game two. People are acting like the series is over, but this is a game that the Warriors were supposed to win. They are supposed to win Sunday's game as well. It's a hackneyed saying, but a series doesn't start until a team wins on the road, and I'm going to hold on to that until game three at least. Including the playoffs, the Cavs have only lost twice at home since the trade, and once was game one at Chicago where they started Mike Miller. It's hard to win in Cleveland as well. 

Damn.  I do feel bad for Kyrie.  This takes a lot of pressure off LeBron as far as his haters go. Nobody can really say shit. No Love is one thing but no Kyrie as well..  if the Cavs ever won this series it'd be incredible

Stolen from JeopardySports:

When this NBA player wins he "Can win with anyone" when he loses, he "Doesn't have the supporting cast he needs"

• Like 3

I think anyone who follows basketball understands that nobody wins a championship alone but if you've been around basketball you also understand that the star players.. usually the best player in the league wins most of the time..

This is mostly an NBA thing and how critics/media/fans view "legacies" yeah, LeBron losing series with Miami. You can knock him for that if you'd like. Obviously if he had a great individual series but nobody else did anything then maybe you could alter the narrative a bit. But if he loses against a stacked Golden State team and has no Kyrie or Love, it's kind of difficult to criticize..

It does go both ways. When LeBron wins a ring(s) he's going to pretty much receive all of the credit (and did).

Curry mostly couldn't hit jack, Thompson was on fire but missed a ton of time because of the two fouls. The game was clearly played at the pace and style Cleveland wants. Mozgov looked great except for some missed free throws, Lebron was Lebron...

It's a two point game.

I get matchups, but Mosgov not getting any minutes in this 4th does not  compute.  I'm not playing Monday Morning quarterback either. 

Warriors are getting the luck of the irish on these last second shots rimming out.

I don't know if the Cavs have enough gas for this OT again.

Cleveland has to get this.

They need a win in California, and they almost certainly won't see another spring performance like this by Curry.

And, yeah, the lack of Mozgov in the 4th is inexplicable.