DVDVR Message Board

The 2015 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

Roundball Rock with the WWF New Generation voice over guy should be mandatory fixtures in basketball presentation regardless of channel.

Also, when did the NBA become a superstar league? Was it this way back in the days of Russell and Chamberlain? It's such a ridiculous notion and while the Warriors have a superstar (who happens to be the MVP), they're so, so much more. They're a great team. Cleveland.. they're a good team but I really have no desire to watch LeBron go into Iso mode in the 2nd halves of every game.

I'm not enough of an NBA historian to go all the way back, but I think it was probably Bird-Magic that started it, if not then, when Stern took over the book a little later in the 80's. . . .

Roundball Rock with the WWF New Generation voice over guy should be mandatory fixtures in basketball presentation regardless of channel.

The weird Karl Malone fist pump should be on the opening video of any basketball game forever too.

There have been NBA superstars since the days of Mikan, Russell, and Chamberlain.  Robertson, Alcindor/Abdul-Jabbar,Walton, et al.  Stern was the guy who monetized the landscape with Magic and Bird.

Not sure what to make of that NBC video claiming Curry as David to LeBron's Goliath.  I wouldn't exactly call him that.  Yeah, he didn't hit the genetic lottery like LeBron. He didn't get heavily recruited out of high school where LeBron was a sure-fire #1 draft pick.  But he has a former NBA player for a dad, which gave him a major advantage.

I suppose it comes down to whose era this will be remembered as, and LeBron is 7-8 years into his reign.

I don't know.  It's early, and I'm babbling.

I can't watch this shit. LeBron is shoving off in the post every time and the call is going the other way either on Dray and Iggy.  Terrible officiating and it's only game one.

Glad I wasn't the only one noticing this shit.  Bron is pushing off on EVERY play, but not getting called for shit.

Cavs played hard, but they have no offensive rhythm in OT.  I don't mind Lebron's ISO as much when he takes people inside the paint.  It wasn't perfect, but he was doing work in there.  JR's shooting killed them this game.  Warriors' defense stepped up in OT too and deserve a lot of credit.

Cavs needed to steal that one especially since Kyrie looks as if he got hurt.  It's tough to win in the Bay so you need to seize every opportunity.  They did show they could hang around with Golden State.  Man, I wish Love and Kyrie were 100 percent.

Warriors' role players played very well.

Edited by _MJ_

I guess Kerr realized Bron was gassed cause he pulled out that small lineup in OT and LBJ didn't even thought about attacking the rim.

That last posession by the Cavs in the 4th quarter was horrible too.

• Like 1