DVDVR Message Board

En Busca de un Idolo Thread

Hector

The inaugural cibernetico was pretty decent, all things considered. At the very least, the tecnico side feels about right to me. Canelo making it is bad enough, but to have Stigma make it after that awful botch would have been too much. Flyer was the most impressive guy, so it was cool to see him get rewarded. Same with Disturbio. We'll see how it goes from here.

Stigma's flub was pretty crazy. Flyer's dive was great. I'm not 100% familiar with all of these guys (I haven't seen much, if any, of Casas for instance), but I'm relatively happy with this line up given the potential guys in this.

It's nice to pretend these things are shoots & Flyer got in because he killed it tonight while Stigma was eliminated because he bombed.:) Either way it worked out.

For those who didn't watch the 2015 En Busca field is...

Delta

Guerrero Maya Jr.

Flyer

Boby Zavala

Canelo Casas

Esfinge

Disturbio

Blue Panther Jr.

Not as bad as it was shaping up based on the 16 entrants and who was excluded entirely.

With the vote stuffing we can do, we can easily pick one guy to carry through like in all past years (Titan, Valiente, Hechicero).

CMLL seems to favor Esfinge, Blue Panther Jr. & perhaps Canelo Casas although he may just be in due to favors and he'll flame out as we all expect.

They didn't even have the rules straight for the elimination match so I wonder if they planned out anything and are aware Boby Zavala is going to Europe soon so he'll be unavailable. Maya also has some U.S. dates I think.

Some promising matches like Delta/Maya, Zavala/Disturbio, Flyer vs anyone just to see if he can hang & Panther Jr./Casas to see Tirantes bury those two undeserving fuckers.

Just looking at the list my initial pick for final 4 as I'd want it is Flyer, Guerrero Maya Jr., Boby Zavala & Disturbio. The final 4 I think CMLL would prefer is: Delta, Esfinge, Boby Zavala & Blue Panther Jr.

If I recall most of Guerrero Maya's US dates are on Sundays. Most CMLL guys outside dates are Sundays which is why you see GDL get no one nowadays. Going to be interesting to see how they work out Boby's trip. I doubt he skips it. Might be one of those deals were he gets scheduled for En Busca by skipping a certain date like a Tuesday or Friday.

Flyer nearly gutted himself on one of his dives to the outside, but he was pretty great. More importantly he added some weight in time for this tournament. He's still tiny, but not as much as he use to be.

I'm ok with this field. You can't have a bunch of great workers on one En Busca since you need a few guys who'll get ripped apart by Tirantes. Non-Spanish speakers don't realize how great he is as a judge. Meltzer never gets that. Tirantes ripping Canelo will be fun! He has no problem ripping 2nd/3rd generation wrestlers who are connected in CMLL.

Virus & Negro Casas will be trainers. Judges will be Tirantes, Shocker & Hijo del Gladiador (trainer in CMLL). Fourth judge spot will be a revolving guest for each show. Tony Salazar will oversee everything. They'll announce the teams in about 3 hours on CMLL Informa.

All matches will air on terra.com. Final will be on Aug. 21st, so this is going to be a summer-long deal.

really hope they also put these matches up complete on YouTube too, so I can just watch them and not spend hours covering up that logo.

Going to be interesting to see how they work out Boby's trip. I doubt he skips it. 

It is a show with Hijo del Santo, so they might have just told him no. 

First round is everyone versus everyone, seven matches all around. Best possible match is probably Zavala vs Maya, worst is Canelo versus anyone.

7 Delta singles matches might not go well for him - he's in the Angel de Oro category of guys who have a set of spots they rarely mix up. 

This seems like it might be Disturbio's one big shot at getting a decent push. He's short and doesn't have a good body, he's not a guy they'd otherwise pick, but he's more talented than the guys he normally works with.

Hijo del Gladiador was not good on Informa. Hijo del Fantasma subtly buried him during his media tour last week. I don't expect much out of him. Tirantes will get over as usual.

• Like 1

I'm hoping they go on youtube too.

I'm really disappointed that Dragon Rojo Jr. wasn't the third judge instead of Hijo Del Gladiador or Shocker. He could have used his judging as part of the Revolucionarios strategy to gain an advantage on everyone and I like that he always starts his critique with a "Buenas Noches..."

Disturbio's the one guy in this who tries to stay in-character all the time, so that might be beneficial in this especially given most of the guys have rather bland personalities or are nice guys.

I just watched the Cibernetico and I agree that Flyer impressed the most during it; plus he's part of the Par-K family tree and trained by Virus!  Guerrero Maya Jr. is the other guy I'm pulling for since I'm a fan of his.

Mostly I'm just looking forward to watching it all unfold and see what everyone else thinks.

Everyone was on CMLL Informa today. 

Team Virus: Boby Zavala, Esfinge, Disturbio & Flyer

Team Negro Casas: Guerrero Maya Jr., Delta, Canelo Casas & Blue Panther Jr.

Casas joked that if he doesn't get along with one of his trainees if he could switch him for someone on Virus team.

I think this is going to end with Zavala and Maya as the two finalists.

Casas team has 3 guys who I can't imagine being good in singles matches even if its only 10-minutes long. They'll be fine when in with Maya and Zavala, but against others...yikes.

Happy to let everyone know that Guerrero Maya Jr. has accepted Zacarias El Perico as his maestro as well.

Edited by AlfredoE

• 2 weeks later...

So I watched the first two matches of the tournament and the Bobby Zavala vs Delta match was certainly the better of the two.  Delta didn't really do anything mind-blowing here and frankly I disliked his double-stomp since it made Bobby look like a goof just hanging in the ropes for that long.  Bobby was definitely the star of the matches, he actually showed some personality and wrestled without messing anything up.

Guerrero Maya didn't have a great match, but I feel it's a safe bet to place a lot of that on Canelo Casas,  Canelo just came off as a dude doing moves with little to no personality.  Heck Negro Casas showed more personality in the few times they cut to him during the match then Canelo did all match long.  Heck the best thing Canelo did all match was to come out to Kid Rock, it made it easy for me to root against him.  But for all the bagging I'm doing on him the end of that match didn't look very fun for Canelo and hopefully he's okay.  Here's hoping that Guerrero Maya Jr  has some better matches down the line, since he's definitely one of the guys I'm rooting for.  But to be honest Bobby Zavala out-shined him tonight.

Like Cubsfan said on twitter: The good news is only 6 more Canelo Casas matches left.

Dude is ridiculously untalented. 10 years... Casas blood in him... and he can't do shit. It's fucking embarassing really. I felt so bad for Maya who had to try and work a match with that fool. Horrible way to start the tournament.

Delta/Zavala was better b/c Boby is great and hopefully will go far now that we know for sure he was pulled from the Europe tour he was supposed to be on.

Gladiador as a judge is a waste of time as his comments are just cut & paste generic shit in a low voice you have to struggle to hear. Tirantes was great as usual.

I think Tuesday will be better and should have been the four guys they started with. Flyer will make up for his greenness (?) by trying to kill himself & Disturbio has had some shockingly good Arena Coliseo singles matches with weak opponents that he might just be able to get something good out of the black sheep of the Panther family.

Heck the best thing Canelo did all match was to come out to Kid Rock, it made it easy for me to root against him.

I AGREE WITH THIS!!! Bad enough Canelo's awful, but then he comes out to a Kid Rock song and it was far too easy to root against him.

He's already got 10 years wrestling?  I figured he was a rookie for sure.

I think Tuesday will be better and should have been the four guys they started with. Flyer will make up for his greenness (?) by trying to kill himself & Disturbio has had some shockingly good Arena Coliseo singles matches with weak opponents that he might just be able to get something good out of the black sheep of the Panther family.

I'm rooting for Flyer to have a good match Tuesday and am definitely curious to see how Disturbio and Panther Jr work out.

Not much better tonight... maybe worse than Friday. :/

I told you Flyer was green and he proved it tonight by embarassingly fucking up his big spot twice within 3 seconds & splatting on the floor. I've seen him do this multiple times already in his short career in CMLL. It's not his fault, he's young & has a legit case of being nervous. Volador Jr. was the same way back in 1999/2000. He'll get better. I blame CMLL for putting him in this spot to expose him to their audience. No going back now. Esfinge looked fine, did a crazy spot at the end. Judges destroyed both for a poor match.

Blue Panther Jr./Disturbio was heatless. Nobody cared. Disturbio was solid but didn't stand out. Panther was slow, very unspectacular & seemed gassed (also seemed tired. Get it?). Judges ripped these guys even more. Panther in particular got destroyed. Disturbio got an '8' from guest judge Sombra who went on twitter afterwards and said he meant to give him a '3' so clearly the judges are taking this very seriously.

It's gonna be a long 2 months. CMLL getting exactly what they deserve for picking these guys. Maya, Delta & Zavala should have an easy ride to the finals.

Way worse today and this time they got some criticism from everyone. Sombra was great and used Shocker as his example of how great he is. First with Flyer, he pointed out that at the same age, he (Sombra) was wrestling against top stars like the "fat guy" sitting across him. Then with Disturbio, he thought he was fat, hits like a girl and in bad condition and thought Shocker being so fat was in better condition than Disturbio.

Tirantes told Blue Panther Jr. that his gear was trying to remove itself from him out of embarrassment!

Tirantes told Flyer he was so bad that CMLL should allow the minis and women in the tournament because they could probably do better.

So really, we need Sombra and Tirantes on this show all the time to make it slightly enjoyable. The matches, not so good. Gonna be a long summer for these guys and everyone watching En Busca De Un Idolo.

Edited by AlfredoE

So I watched the latest matches and yeah they were not so hot.

Esfinge vs Flyer was definitely a match of one guy who is decent now vs a guy who could be pretty interesting in a few years.  I give Flyer credit for dying for our entertainment on that second dive attempt and being generally the more exciting of the two during the match; but lets face it, no one was going to care about that after the double-botch.  Esfinge reminded me of watching Hunico-Sin Cara when he doesn't care: technically competent but boring.  Though that dive at the end was definitely brutal.

Much like the other two matches the second one was slightly better.  Blue Panther Jr makes Esfinge look like Mr. Excitement to me considering I just watched the match and can't think of one memorable thing he did.  Disturbio was trying to make things interesting and showed some personality, but I agree with Tirantes that he needs some better looking gear as his current stuff is pretty bush-league.

At least Bobby vs Guerrero Maya Jr should be really good this week,

I was really annoyed with Blue Panther Jr constantly tapping his head during match with Disturbio. I don't know if his mask was on too tight, but he was more worried about that than doing what he needed to do to put on a competent match. His brother is light years better than him it isn't even funny.