DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-25-15

MGFanJay

He's going to beat that dude, damn calm down.

Losing Lana is going to benefit him in the long run. She was distracting from his matches with the "We want Lana" chants and probably hurting his heel reactions due to how much attention she was getting.

Everyone could've had their cake and eaten it, too. If Rusev would've broken Cena's back and made him humble the old Bulgarian way with his finisher, and kept looking stronger and stronger, Rusev vs. Brock could've been Godzilla vs. Mothra. Meanwhile, Cena could've said "I need to start from the start and work my way up and earn respect again," and won the U.S. title, he could still be the gatekeeper type.

As soon as Rusev didn't tear Cena a new one, there went his momentum, and he's gonna have a tough time getting it back no matter how, much less working with Ziggler.

Why should someone who should be booked as a monster give a crap about whether his manager is runnin' around with anybody? He should shrug his mighty shoulders, say "Rusev needs no one," and keep snapping backs. It isn't doing the monster foreign invader any favors making him fool around with a soap opera angle.

I literally busted out laughing when she started talking. The sooner they admit she isn't Russian the better. Also holy shit at that Paige/Tamina match. Two wrestlers working different matches that just happen to be in the ring with each other. It's hard to blame Vince for not giving divas a chance when he sees shit like that.

Yeah, not to put all the blame on Tamina... but she really needs to go back to developmental, like not NXT TV but Performance Center exclusively until she has her fundamentals down.

There's a couple potential Diva monsters in NXT that I'm looking forward to ahead of her.

Santino was a great comedy worker. I reviewed a match he and Emma had against Fandango and Summer in NXT before. It's one of the best comedy matches put together in recent years (and ever, actually) and a master class in using theatrical performance art to tell stories.

Seriously, this. At the twilight of his career, he pulled out an instant classic.

I actually really enjoyed Ryder's shtick but never understood how some think it was completely WWE's fault for dropping his push. For me, his push was very similar to Alex Riley's, when the spotlight was put on him his flaws became apparent (2d character with an equally stale in ring style).

My question, I guess, is how the fuck do you put the heels into a 3-on-10 handicap match? Did I miss something?

They're heels who think they're faces, plays into their persecution complex, sets up a clusterfuck brawl to promote EC.

I'm trying to remember the circumstances when The Shield had to do the same thing a couple years ago.

So now we're pretending Brock doesn't get face reactions in front of non-smarky crowds?

Those are the cheers of death-hungry crowds, crying for blood.

Yeah, some maladjusted mutants were chanting for Pentagon Jr. when he roughed up a female ring announcer, too. Doesn't make him a face.

Said it before and I will say it again, people REALLY need to back off the "They killed Rusev!" thing until this Ziggler feud plays out. He's involved in a story that is getting a lot of TV time, they clearly have not given up on him yet.

He's been given a lot more time to cut his own promos in front of the live crowd and he's delivered big time. That's clearly going to work in his favor and another reason I don't think they are going to just totally kill him off. They also don't give a shit about Ziggler so I expect him to win this feud in the end, even if he loses Lana.

And, I really LIKE the way that he went back to being Bulgarian dude after the split from Lana, why wouldn't he?

Rusev beating Ziggler makes Lana look bad, and I don't see Vince going that route. The idea of this breakup was to make Lana a star so they're going to show having her in your corner makes the difference in the match. I absolutely expect Ziggler to go over if Lana stays face.

Said it before and I will say it again, people REALLY need to back off the "They killed Rusev!" thing until this Ziggler feud plays out. He's involved in a story that is getting a lot of TV time, they clearly have not given up on him yet.

He's been given a lot more time to cut his own promos in front of the live crowd and he's delivered big time. That's clearly going to work in his favor and another reason I don't think they are going to just totally kill him off. They also don't give a shit about Ziggler so I expect him to win this feud in the end, even if he loses Lana.

And, I really LIKE the way that he went back to being Bulgarian dude after the split from Lana, why wouldn't he?

I don't think they've given up on Rusev, I just think they have no idea how to rebuild their unstoppable monsters after they lose repeatedly and decisively to a main eventer(i.e. Wyatt/Ryback).

The Rusev/Ziggler feud feels like creative thinking that Rusev can get his heat back if he beats up Ziggler like a ragdoll for a few ppvs. It's not that easy. Rusev could've really used a victory over Cena.

Rusev did beat Cena at FastLane and it was as clean as a heel can get over Cena. The low blow made him vulnerable but the Accolade forced him unconscious. The best way to look at the Cena/Rusev series is to ignore the chain match (but never forget the awesome Lana shoe throw)

Brock is neither face nor heel.  Brock is Brock.  He exists.  He devours.  His advocate mocks.  Brock and Heyman are entities unto themselves.

Brock is like a tornado or Galactus, he is beyond good and evil. His inexplicable loyalty to Heyman is his only human quality.

I would like to see an angle where a heel ambushes Brock by threatening Heyman.

Brock didn't seem to care when Punk beat the shit out of Heyman.

I mean Brock helped Heyman at Summer Slam, but then he left and was like "Don't worry, you've got Curtis Axel and Ryback now" while he chilled at home.

Brock is neither face nor heel.  Brock is Brock.  He exists.  He devours.  His advocate mocks.  Brock and Heyman are entities unto themselves.

Brock is like a tornado or Galactus, he is beyond good and evil. His inexplicable loyalty to Heyman is his only human quality.

There is no loyalty per se.   They have symbiotic relationship.   Brock is a Great White Shark and Heyman is a Remora.   Neither is a parasite and each performs a certain function that is extremely beneficial to the other.

They didn't necessarily "give up" on Wyatt either. They gave him a feud with Jericho. They gave him a feud with Undertaker. Problem is you have to actually win some of these feuds for anyone to continue to give a shit.

I love when someone says "this isn't a bad place to be" or "things could be worse.."  while ignoring how much steam Rusev had built.