DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: ONE MAN GANG

RIPPA

I would have done this Friday but the board went to shit. What better way to celebrate Memorial Day than with a man doing a badass biker gang gimmick.

I also kept thinking I had done Gang before but I think it is just because we have done so many other guys that crossed paths with him.

Veterans Day. Memorial Day. Close enough.

At least you didn't do one for xOMGx also known as Kyle Threat, blame American Kickboxer for that one. He's retired though.

I was chuffed as a youth because Crusher Broomfield stole Ronnie Garvin's nickname (a much better nickname than "Man with the Hands of Stone"), but was happy he'd made it to the big time. Ronnie Garvin's still the One Man Gang to me, though.

I also kept thinking I had done Gang before but I think it is just because we have done so many other guys that crossed paths with him.

You probably think we've had the Gang as the WOTD before due to a record number of vids featuring the 747 posted in the old Heel Beatdown thread.

I met OMG when he worked in Florida in the early-80s and was awestruck at just how enormous he was when I stood next to him.  One of my recurring surprises back then was how much smaller the wrestlers were in person, while with Gang it was just the opposite, he was much bigger than I had imaged.

I met Gang when i was in Florida during a Worldwide and I met Vader in Richmond during a WCW house show.  Both of those guys are far more gigantic than television lets on.

We only posting matches of his under his government name?

Check him and Harley Race grooving to the ring together in this random-ass looking tag match from Italy.

• 3 months later...

I met Gang when i was in Florida during a Worldwide and I met Vader in Richmond during a WCW house show.  Both of those guys are far more gigantic than television lets on.

I met Andre after a house show in Boise back in 88. He was GIGANTIC.