DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 67: Condit vs. Alves (5/30/2015) - Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil (Goiânia Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Condit_vs._Alves.jpg?1431316934

UFC Fight Night 67: Condit vs. Alves
May 30, 2015
Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil (Goiânia Arena)

Carlos Condit (170) vs. Thiago Alves (170) - Condit, TKO (referee stoppage due to broken nose), R2 (5:00)
Nik Lentz (146) vs. Charles Oliveira (144) - Oliveira, SUB (guillotine choke), R3 (1:10)
KJ Noons (170) vs. Alex Oliveira (170) - Oliveira, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:51)
Francimar Barroso (205) vs. Ryan Jimmo (206) - Barroso, DEC (unanimous)
Norman Parke (156) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (156) - Trinaldo, DEC (split)
Wendell Oliveira (170) vs. Darren Till (171) - Till, KO (elbows), R2 (1:37)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Rony Jason (146) vs. Damon Jackson (145) - No Contest (Jason Failed Drug Test for Diuretics)
Jussier Formiga (126) vs. Wilson Reis (126) - Formiga, DEC (unanimous)
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (171) vs. Nicolas Dalby (171) - Dalby, DEC (split)
Lucas Martins (145) vs. Mirsad Bektic (146) - Bektic, TKO (punches), R2 (0:30)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Juliana Lima (115) vs. Ericka Almeida (116) - Lima, DEC (unanimous)
Luiz Dutra (170) vs. Tom Breese (171) - Breese, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:58)

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Rescinded and not awarded; Rony Jason Forfeits $50k for Failing Drug Test (Diuretics)
Performance of the Night: Charles Oliveira
Fight of the Night: Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira

Attendance: 3,500
Rating: 813,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Gilbert Burns vs. Norman Parke - Injury to Burns
Jessica Penne vs. Juliana Lima - Penne Moved to Another Event
Renato Carneiro vs. Mirsad Bektic - Injury to Carneiro
KJ Noons vs. Yan Cabral - Cabral Contracted Dengue Fever
Wendell Oliveira vs. TJ Waldburger - Injury to Waldburger (Back Spasms)

Well, he is the FS1 prelim "headliner". However, I think they saw the writing on the wall once Jeremy Stephens smashed him. That was really brutal.

I don't think they are too high up on Godofredo Pepey anymore, but he bought himself some time being on a bit of a streak lately.

Really like the main event.  Not getting enough attention.

I'm a huge Oliveira fan so I hope his weight issues are in the past.  I'm starting to wonder if he's just getting older and outgrown featherweight.  

Watching the weigh-in, Do Bronx didn't looked bad for getting down to 144 with his frame.

Now, the girls in the strawweight fight? Totally different thing. Almeida reportedly had to get down from 150. Ju Thai looked virtually emaciated.

• Like 1

Yeah Main event has my interest but I won't be able to watch it live and will have to record the fight night since I'll be 2 hours away for a wrestling card featuring Matt Hardy.

Will have to find footage to see what your talking about Elsal.

Please cut Ryan Jimmo already.  This way he won't have to worry about the Reebok sponsorship deal anymore.  UFC fans won't be subjected to some of the worst fights in history.  It's win-win for everybody.

Charles Oliveira is freaking awesome. His head is way too stationary but I loved the constant knee strikes to the body and then that ridiculous forward roll shortly followed up by the guillotine. Great fight.

• Like 2

Charles Oliveira is freaking awesome. His head is way too stationary but I loved the constant knee strikes to the body and then that ridiculous forward roll shortly followed up by the guillotine. Great fight.

Lentz and Do Bronx should be forced to fight every 3 months just for the hell of it. It's going result in Oliveira winning by sub everytime, but still needs to happen.

• Like 1

Was Stann doing that thing he does where he focuses on his dude and doesn't call what the other guy is doing? Those knees were eating Lentz up and he didn't even say anything until Nik was writhing on the ground.

I really liked how Charles used the threat of the guillotine in the first round to escape fence clinches. Even when you'd think he was tiring out, Oliveira looked composed and was breathing through his nose at the end of round 2. So impressive and I can't wait for him to move up the rankings.

Oliveira is definitely one of my favorite active performers.  I just hope his weight issues are in the past now and he can certainly become a top 5 contender.  A lot of guys in MMA/UFC have trouble with the head movement thing though.  

Have no problem with the stoppage in the main event.  Alves' face and nose were jacked up and mangled.

We got our a cameo from our favorite doctor Marcio Tannure. I'm pleased.

So does Condit rematch Woodley or fight the Matt Brown/Tim Means winner in like October? 

If I was Condit's manager, I would place Condit far away from Woodley unless it is a five round fight. I dunno why Condit was such a prohibitive favorite (at least with media and fans) over Woodley at UFC 171. I thought Woodley, who has shown to be more defensively aware since Strikeforce closed shop, would basically land the more telling shots with Condit and win a tight 29-28 decision. Turns out, he was able to do more than that against Condit. As long as Tyron doesn't have to go 25 minutes, I would pick Woodley over Condit everytime.

• Like 1

NBK's knee looks 100% and he is back to murdering guys instead of trying to earn decisions.

Even so, calling for a title fight after beating a #12 ranked fighter after being out for a 14 months messes with my MMAth.  I am not sure how that win makes him a #1 contender no matter how convincing it was.

• Like 1

NBK's knee looks 100% and he is back to murdering guys instead of trying to earn decisions.

Even so, calling for a title fight after beating a #12 ranked fighter after being out for a 14 months messes with my MMAth.  I am not sure how that win makes him a #1 contender no matter how convincing it was.

What else should he say? I'd really like a shot at Tim Means if he gets through Matt Brown?