DVDVR Message Board

No Man's Sky

Gonzo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Gonzo said:

It will also have VR support on Steam.

I damn near want to get a VR now just to see what this would be like, because I'm guessing it would be pretty damn great.

Oh wow, that is the first thing that really made me think, "Yeah, this is what VR is made for". 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Beyond update dropped yesterday.  Apparently the new multiplayer stuff is all kinds of bugged so you may want to hold off if that's what you're coming for.

I started a new game and it actually has a proper tutorial now, so that's nice.

Honestly the best update so far is that they upped inventory stack size from 250 to 10000.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The Beyond update dropped yesterday.  Apparently the new multiplayer stuff is all kinds of bugged so you may want to hold off if that's what you're coming for.

I started a new game and it actually has a proper tutorial now, so that's nice.

Honestly the best update so far is that they upped inventory stack size from 250 to 10000.

I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Spent my gaming time yesterday finishing the Borderlands 2 DLC leading up to Borderlands 3.

Was debating whether to start a new game or go ahead with my old save, but I can always go back to my old save some other time, I suppose. Been wondering whether getting a PSVR for this is worth it or not.

I jumped in a little bit this morning, and once again, because of a large scale update, all my base tech is changed / fucked / obsolete. I think this might be my breaking point for playing the day 1 save I keep going back to or starting over. I think I'll get into a brand new game, play through the aforementioned tutorial and work out all the new mechanics, then go back and fix all the shit that isn't working in my real save.

Well... had to restart about 3-4 hours into my first save, and pretty much locked myself in.  Found an abandoned ship that was all around better than my starter, but needed fixing.  Screwed up somewhere in the cargo transfer and *didn't* transfer my cargo over, and lost all the stuff I needed to at least fix the take off jets to move to another planet (I did have enough to fix the Pulse Drive, so I could've gotten to another planet).  What got me really stuck was that it was an extremely toxic planet with super storms happening every 5 minutes that blew through my protection in seconds.  Oh, and it was also an Extreme Sentinel planet so I was constantly harassed by shit I didn't have the weapons to fight effectively.   There was just no way to actually start mining the shit I needed to fix the launch jets to get off world.  So yeah, I just started over.  First base actually started up on a planet with great conditions, except for the occasional Superheated Rain storm.

I'm getting really annoyed at the amount of things needing multiple Wiring Looms and them costing over 30k a pop at a space station, with no way to craft them yourself.

I seem to have a lot of them somehow.

my issue has been finding manufacturing factories in order to learn to new tech. Luckily, I was grandfathered in on a lot of stuff.

still have not messed with electricity yet. I was annoyed to see that portable storage units have to be powered. 

Electricity wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require a fucking ton of fuel to run for more than 10 minutes, *but*, the portals will work going *TO* if it's not powered and you can use the touchpad menu to load things into the Storage units while unpowered, you just need power to take things out.

Yeah, I’ve been going back to some of my old bases, but “stuck” there without just flying away. 

The other annoying thing is how it seems things on old planets need to be rescanned. I mean, it’s money for oldrope, but still a pain. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:07 AM, odessasteps said:

I played for the first time in awhile last week, while RDR2 was updating. 

I will try to dive back in when the next thing starts.

I am digging your screenshots but you need to start making clips, yo.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Those screenshots were for missions: take a picture of x kind of planet or animal. I think the only other picture I’ve taken is the planet of just geometric shapes.

It figures that the only reason you took those screenshots was because of a gameplay requirement.