DVDVR Message Board

No Man's Sky

Gonzo

Are most of you folks PS4 or PC? If you are PS4 and want to jump into a game, you could add me and if I'm on and playing, just warp on into my system. I have no idea how it works to match up, but it can't be too terribly hard, right? Apparently it's mad easy to fuck up the biological horrors with two folks. Also, if you needed anything as far as helping to accrue items, I would be totally into helping out. Some random dude dropped in on my game the other day, and we had a grand old time fucking up pirates and just bullshitting about the changes that the game has gone through.

whistlesquid is the name to add.

Actually had my first contact with Artemis the other day, too. Had to find his beacon on a planet that hovered around -150 degrees.

Did what I needed to do to activate his beacon thing there and set my ship down on a different planet before I saved for the night. The weather classification was "painfully hot rain." The temperature was 303 degrees F.

I have made the blizzard planet my main base, with an overseer and a scientist installed. I wish you could build more than 1 storage container. I had to pass up some floating crystals yesterday because I had no storage space. 

Don't forget that it's easy to build a cave for protection from storms if you have the terrain gun.

Game's frustrating me. Feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I named my ship Sanford and Son because it seems like all I do is haul junk.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally upgraded my ship from C to A class. HYPER HAMMER XIV is now Hammer Thyme. 

Thru first 4 levels of farming. Up to the Gravino Ball (sp). 

Slowly burning thru my backlog of missions. I hate killing those weird and cute animals/bugs/dinosaurs. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I tried not to up until now, but i have probably 6 "kill # creatures" sitting in my mission queue. I didnt want to just abandon them in case it hurt my ranking.

I also haven't killed any sentinels yet. 

Sentinels start to get real fucking brutal when the quad dogs and the walkers start showing up.

The quads are pretty simple as long as you hit and run. Don't let them hit you with their dashing melee. Alternatively, you can jump into your ship and blast the door on the factory open and then zip past the dog and you are golden, because the sentinels will deactivate after a little while of you being inside.

• 2 weeks later...

I was near a little trading station when I tried to kill a Sentinel dog as a part of a challenge, so I'd strike until damn near dead, then run back into the trading post. They wouldn't follow, so I'd get to recharge my health before heading back out. That shotgun (can't remember the name) is badass if you can get close enough.

• 2 weeks later...

The repetitive nature of the game may have me waning a bit. Although, I did just get a nice new ship with like 35 slots, so that's good. I saw one the other with over 40 slots but I think it cost something like 50 million units. 

Only 24 days til RDR...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...