DVDVR Message Board

No Man's Sky

Gonzo

There was also a video up of him exploring his first planet. . .about 25 minutes worth. People were losing their shit over it, but seriously. . .it's not like this game can actually be "spoiled" in the way most other games are.

The video has since been taken down. I'm guessing that Sony had a bit of a freakout about it.

I get that there are no real spoilers for a game like this, but I stopped looking at any of the new reveals like a month ago. I want to go into this with as clean a slate as I possibly can. I can't remember being this hyped for a game in a long fucking time. I've been super amped about since the reveal trailer, and that was almost three years ago, what's another 8 days to wait?

• Like 1

So, I went ahead and purchased this game on PSN the other day. Now instead of a price tag, I get a countdown clock to launch day. I feel like it's making me crazy. I keep pulling up the info page just to watch the seconds tick off. I realize that just the other day I was saying how 8 days to wait was no big deal, now 4 days is making me fucking INSANE. I can not control it, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

So NMS fans are crazy - just make to make that clear

Meanwhile - apparently early review copies/codes hadn't arrived so a lot of Game sites (Polygon to name one) just went to a Gamestop in NYC that broke street date and just bought the game

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So NMS fans are crazy - just make to make that clear

Meanwhile - apparently early review copies/codes hadn't arrived so a lot of Game sites (Polygon to name one) just went to a Gamestop in NYC that broke street date and just bought the game

I have this preordered from Amazon but I may have to cruise by the local Gamestop, just in case.

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced and I'm well into the "unreasonably excited" phase.  Exploration is one of my favorite parts of gaming, and it looks like this is going to be pure, uncut exploration.

• Like 1

Yeah, I ordered mine through Amazon, too. At this point I buy such a small number of games that I've moved on to buying Collector/Limited Editions. So there's no chance of me getting my copy early.

But I'm in line with what Zimbra said. I just want to snoop around and see everything there is to see (or as much of it as I can, anyway). Is this type of game going to be for everybody? No. . .but it looks like something that I'll enjoy.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

An infinite universe with a 47 minute soundtrack.

Just the same, looking forward to it!

Maybe it loops back on itself like the latest King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard record. Then that 47 minutes can last you through all 18 quintillion planets!!

Hello Games just stated that the No Man's Sky servers are going to be wiped on Sunday. So, the guy that spent $1,300 to get his copy early did so for basically nothing.

Is it wrong to think that's kind of funny?

On 8/5/2016 at 11:38 PM, Oyaji said:

An infinite universe with a 47 minute soundtrack.

Just the same, looking forward to it!

If you have Spotify, the extended soundtrack is there, which is almost 2 hours. My thoughts on it should go in the Game Music thread, but basically I like it, and if I was still an Office IT Drone it would be the perfect background music for coding/data inputting/etc.