DVDVR Message Board

No Man's Sky

Gonzo

I don't mind delays if it results in a better finished product. I'd rather that than a fucked up launch that needs immediate patching. Of course it will need immediate patching anyway because it's 2016, but, like, hopefully less urgent immediate patching. You know what I mean.

Now - the fact that Gamestop is still promoting and taking the pre-orders makes it seem like it will be just a couple of months instead of "indefinitely"

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I put in my preorder like an hour before this dropped, so I think it was me.  Sorry.

YEAH, PHIL! YOU PUT THE BLAME ON ZIMBRA WHERE IT BELONGS!

(Although I'm guessing that bumping the thread this prematurely didn't help. My bad.)

Related: I'm excited for this game, don't get me wrong.

But man, there are some No Man's Sky true believer types, particularly on Facebook, that have absolutely lost the fucking plot. Seriously, I swear that there are some of those folks that do nothing but post about this thing.

If this isn't the Citizen Kane of video/computer games, there are going to be some pissed off folks out there.

Not even owning a current-gen console I'm watching closely because if it is what it most optimistically seems like it could be then when I do buy a new console I won't have to think about which one to get. 

No mo FOMO!

On 5/28/2016 at 6:00 PM, Gonzo said:

Related: I'm excited for this game, don't get me wrong.

But man, there are some No Man's Sky true believer types, particularly on Facebook, that have absolutely lost the fucking plot. Seriously, I swear that there are some of those folks that do nothing but post about this thing.

If this isn't the Citizen Kane of video/computer games, there are going to be some pissed off folks out there.

Oh you mean like making death threats to everyone - including the director of the actual game?

http://kotaku.com/i-got-death-threats-for-reporting-on-a-video-game-delay-1779617741

Holy Fuck, that's insane.  I like gaming but I don't think that a delay of Mass Effect: Andromeda is worthy of a death sentence.  Not even an asswhipping as I'd rather get a relatively bug free game that is delayed a quarter than some unplayable bullshit that hits right on schedule.

• Like 1

Pretty cool that the top two comments on that story are "Sure, threats are bad, but why did you report instead of printing a press release" and "Those weren't real threats."

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let it be said that the NMS groups on FaceBook are completely worthless.

I originally had my pre-order for the PS4 Limited Edition in with Gamestop, and someone in one of the groups posted that Amazon was back to taking pre-orders for the Limited Edition again. So, I switched over.

Gamestop cost with S/H - $86.48

Amazon cost with S/H - $63.99 (Thank you, Amazon Prime.)

So that was decent of them, at any rate.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I guess that's a great success for...marketing?

I'm so proud of that tiny team. 4 years of promotions.

Well, I take it to mean that it's not getting delayed again. Which is nice.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, I read a snippet about this on gamerant or somewhere, idk...I've been on the road for 5 hours today.  heard he paid like $1250 for the leaked copy..

I like video games and all, but fuck man....I like money too.  I could wait a couple more weeks or whatever and save $1200 or whatever

• Like 3