DVDVR Message Board

No Man's Sky

Gonzo

For the damn life of me, I cannot figure out how to get around in the galaxy map. Trying to get to the right place to finish up a quest is just a major pain in the ass. I bought a Class S ship and now I"m trying to deck it out with all the stuff my old ship had, and what do you know? That's being a pain in the ass, too. I attribute my growing impatience with this game to me growing ever-more too old for this shit, whatever shit it is. I think I'll just take more naps.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I really, really want to get back into No Man's Sky, but I have a million other things to play at the moment and one of my friends convinced me to get GTA V on PS4 just to play online stuff.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I wonder if I should just get this for the PS4 since the last time I played it on my PC it would ton sluggish at times. Any of you playing this on the PS4?

My PC used to be decently powerful, but it ran NMS like shit when it first came out. Then it improved and it played pretty well. At some point around one of the last big patches I would get massive slow down playing it.

If it's cheap enough on the PS4, I may just get it for that even though flying with mouse and keyboard is really good.

• 3 months later...

The lighting effects are pretty damn good.  I haven't tried anything combat related yet as I only have a boltcaster and didn't really do any other weapons (even though I got tons of fucking space on my current multitool).  I did find the downside of the Frigate Teleporters as they seem to be one way, which isn't totally bad if you're shortcutting to another system, but you can't seem to leave your Frigate one place and jump back and forth.  But like the other teleporters, your ship follows.

On 4/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, Craig H said:

My PC used to be decently powerful, but it ran NMS like shit when it first came out. Then it improved and it played pretty well. At some point around one of the last big patches I would get massive slow down playing it.

If it's cheap enough on the PS4, I may just get it for that even though flying with mouse and keyboard is really good.

It's $24 through one of the sales they're running on the Playstation Store. I just grabbed it a few hours ago.

• 2 months later...