DVDVR Message Board

70's WRESTLING (formerly: HOLY CRAP! WAHOO MCDANIEL vs JOHNNY VALENTINE! 1974!

DEAN

I know it's a really crappy quality film, but I'm doubting that's the Missouri Mauler. Just doesn't hook up, sell or move like him. Wish I could get one good look at his face.

I know it's a really crappy quality film, but I'm doubting that's the Missouri Mauler. Just doesn't hook up, sell or move like him. Wish I could get one good look at his face.

This continued to bug me, so I went into the Pedro Morales record book at the WOW board. I saw no indication that the Missouri Mauler was in Mid-Atlantic during the time Pedro was there. From the names in the record, I'm guessing we're seeing Moose Morowski in that video.

This continued to bug me, so I went into the Pedro Morales record book at the WOW board. I saw no indication that the Missouri Mauler was in Mid-Atlantic during the time Pedro was there. From the names in the record, I'm guessing we're seeing Moose Morowski in that video.

Could be.  I haven't seen the Missouri Mauler wrestle in like 42 years and I watched Mid-Atlantic in 1979 and don't recall him being there.  I seem to recall him being there before we moved to Arkansas so it would have been 1974 to 1976 when he was there. 

Clawmaster has Nick losing by DQ to Brunzell on October 14, 1979 in Charlotte. Also looks like Nick spent parts of April and September in Mid-Atlantic. I'd love to see his matches with Steamboat turn up here.

The son of '70s Georgia wrestler Tommy Siegler posted master tape quality footage of his father wrestling for Ann Gunkel's All-South promotion in 1972:

Always intrigued by what little All South I've seen. I remember there used to be a clip of a VERY young Dutch Mantel working there under his real name.