DVDVR Message Board

70's WRESTLING (formerly: HOLY CRAP! WAHOO MCDANIEL vs JOHNNY VALENTINE! 1974!

DEAN

On 10/28/2016 at 9:49 PM, paul sosnowski said:

I believe the date on the Bull Curry-Johnny Valentine match from Houston is June 20, 1969

6/20/69 Houston
Bull Curry no contest Johnny Valentine, Wahoo McDaniel beat Gary Hart, Thunderbolt Patterson beat Baron Von Raschke dq, Buster Lloyd beat George Geiser, Reggie Parks drew Alex Perez, Danny Pleachas beat Gorilla Lopez

6/20/69 Houston
Bull Curry no contest Johnny Valentine
Wahoo McDaniel beat Gary Hart
Thunderbolt Patterson beat Baron Von Raschke dq
Buster Lloyd beat George Geiser
Reggie Parks drew Alex Perez
Danny Plechas beat Gorilla Lopez.

Boesch on commentary called it the biggest Sam Houston crowd in 15 years, and I'm wondering what would've drawn the house.

21 hours ago, Pete said:

18 minutes of Ox Bakersfield wrestling ? Could've sworn anything over 5 minutes was banned by the Geneva Convention...

You can have up to 10 minutes, but only if it is a weapons match and afterwards someone screams, "Listen! The President's Gone. Brain took him!"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

God Damned Verizon. It's gonna be the end of the month before I can watch that. There's so little Stevens and Bock out there and throwing Billy in there... oh man.

Considering the A+ caliber of the workers involved, I thought it was a pretty sloppy match. It's almost as though the angle wasn't kayfabed and Stevens/Bock genuinely had no idea they'd be working with Bastien and Robinson.

Buckshot LeFonque is my new favorite dude on the YouTubes.

Peep his treasure trove of 70's BTW, 80's and 90's All Japan, WWC, 80's Mid Atlantic, and SO MUCH MORE~! before the Internets Police take it all away.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RIPPA locked this topic