DVDVR Message Board

70's WRESTLING (formerly: HOLY CRAP! WAHOO MCDANIEL vs JOHNNY VALENTINE! 1974!

DEAN

There's a reason Jones spent so long on top. But let's not overlook Murdoch doing his best Fred Curry impersonation here.  Or, for that matter, the swank officiating stylings of Mr. Stu Schwartz, always one of my favorite refs. He was so smooth at getting himself to the wrong place you almost didn't notice.

• Like 1

FREIGHT TRAIN JONES IN JAPAN!

-----------------------------

The Funks in Japan.

---------------------------

Terry Funk vs Abdullah the Butcher in 1978.

• Like 1

PAK SONG! GARY HART! BOBBY DUNCUM! BEER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=gQPSyPS7m7k

I love how they put over his chop and the claw as a moves of death.

Every time I see this I picture Gary running a thriving pool business in Florida with Pak and Duncum as his pool boys. "Awwwww yeah. More cocount oil, Mr Rhodes?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mr Wrestling Tim Woods in Japan in 1979.

When was the last time you ever saw anyone win a match by reversing a hip toss with a backslide pinfall? 

When did you ever see a man that worked traditionally as a heel win via backslide pinfall?

This match is fucking awesome.  I miss 70's matches where wrestling was wrestling and you didn't always have things like heel offense and face offense.

• Like 1

Mr Wrestling Tim Woods in Japan in 1979.

When was the last time you ever saw anyone win a match by reversing a hip toss with a backslide pinfall? 

When did you ever see a man that worked traditionally as a heel win via backslide pinfall?

This match is fucking awesome.  I miss 70's matches where wrestling was wrestling and you didn't always have things like heel offense and face offense.

I believe the Kerry-Flair Texas Stadium match ended with Kerry reversing a Flair hiptoss into a backslide, but yeah, this match kicks infinite amounts of ass.

Stardust vs Terry Funk in 1974!

----------------

Terry Funk 1976.

----------------

Man! Funk-Briscoe 76!

------------------

Race-Funk 78! skk DT is a truly awesome god!

• Like 1