DVDVR Message Board

NXT UNSTOPPABLE

RIPPA

Yeah, the women stole the show. Utterly fantastic Women's Championship match. (Unsung hero, Drake, also needs a round of applause for helping direct that superb performance.)

Becky went full bore with the steampunk outfit and had bloomers influenced shorts.

Evil Emma is utterly fantastic.

The fantastic entrance ramp!

Mmmmpphhhh!

Xtqn68ml.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently Dark Angel was a member of Breezes entourage. Rumor has it she is taking Sara's place when she gets moved up to asst HC.

Certainly looks like her in the grey.

11287791_1592319211047792_250642086_n.jp

By Mike Johnson on 2015-05-20 20:18:01

For those of you who missed it, former TNA Knockout Sarita (aka CMLL star Sarah Stock) was one of the women showing off Tyler Breeze's "new Spring line" during his entrance. She has been helping out at the Performance Center, training talents, several times in recent months.

The others were NXT trainees Gionna Daddio, Jasmine Areebi and Dasha Kuret.

Two WWE Match of the Year candidates in Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch and Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn II and a WWE debut years in the making, Samoa Joe.

Zayn/Owens II was intense and hate-filled, but it was nowhere near a match of the year candidate. It was too one-sided and too short to even be included in that conversation.

• Like 1

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  14h 14 hours ago
AWESOME! I totally expect Ricky Steamboat to replace Itami now.

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Man - Renee just said Albany in the most Canadian way possible.

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  13h 13 hours ago
I also enjoy that Corey Graves took this special show so seriously that he left his tie, glasses and undershirt at home.

I have a feeling Itami was jumped due to his lack of socks.

So we are judging this just based on entrances? Are the highest/lowest scores thrown out?

There was one dude a little TOO into Balor's entrance. I wonder who that could be...

FINISHERS MEAN NOTHING BECAUSE IT'S MANIA... oh wait...

Hey - remember when I fucking loved Emma? Yeah... so very long ago.

Aww.... they really don't care about Dana Brooke anymore

What are tiny hoss division guys can Corbin work? He shouldn't work anyone taller than like 5'3"

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  12h 12 hours ago
I can't wait for the eventual Big Cass/Chris Masters feud across the North East indies.

Steam Punk Becky Lynch

Hey Byron - it's not that hard to be better than Moolah

Hey - remember when the WWE had Naomi do Sasha's gimmick on RAW because they are fucking stupid?

You know what this match needs? Real fucking announcers

So the NXT officials are as good at handling an injury as the Mets medical staff

Okay, I don't watch NXT much, but my thoughts:

-I missed the entrances of Balor and Breeze, but the match was okay to me.

-When did Emma become really hot?  I didn't know who her partner was, but aside from constantly flexing her bicep, I didn't find her annoying.

-Charlotte's got "it".  I think she'll be really great in about another year.  Poor David Flair...

-My third time seeing Bayley, and I really like her.  I can see WWE marketing her to girls as a positive role model.

-I feel nothing for Baron Corbin.  Just another generic "big man".

-Does Enzo as consistent, work-wise, in all his matches?  This was my first time watching him wrestle and I liked what I saw. Cass does nothing for me.  Perhaps he should get new gear though.

-Hated the crowd doing Enzo and Cass' ENTIRE schtick on the mic.

-Loved Steampunk Becky Lynch

-I'm totally fucking sold on Sasha Banks.  Like others, I'm glad my hyperbolic thoughts on their match wasn't just me.  I watched it again this morning to make sure it wasn't the weed that was making me think so.

-I know I said KO had a weird cadence when he talked, but it so doesn't matter, he's my favorite current working heel.  He is such a dick...and it works perfectly for him.

-I can't tell you the last time I saw a hate-filled match that I didn't have to go back in time to find on youtube.  This was great for what it was.

-I audibly cheered when Joe came out.

Seeing Joe in NxT was awesome, i remember 10 years ago walking around Dublin looking for DVDs featuring him because EVERYONE i knew was on about him and i was new to indy wrestling. So seeing him debut last made me more excited than anything thats happened in wrestling lately.

He looked great and looked like he genuinely enjoyed the reaction and maybe part of him was saying "fuck, i knew i should've done this years ago".

Steen,generico,KENTA,Joe and Devitt are all part of WWE now. Unreal.

Watched Banks-Becky again this morning, and yeah, this is one that's going to hold up for years I think.  What helped is that you just never see that type of match in WWE.  Their idea of limb work is generic "one guy works the leg with next to no purpose" more often than not.  I would love to see these two guys try to work a full blown technical, like, Euro style match.

Also, if anyone has a pic of Becky in her entrance gear, that would be grand.  Asking for.....a friend.

• Like 1

Also, if anyone has a pic of Becky in her entrance gear, that would be grand.  Asking for.....a friend.

Your friend's name doesn't rhyme with "covert", does it?

His name is...uuhhhh...Tandem Smack.

Also, if anyone has a pic of Becky in her entrance gear, that would be grand. Asking for.....a friend.

Your friend's name doesn't rhyme with "covert", does it?

His name is...uuhhhh...Tandem Smack.

Wait did you get signed to NXT? Congrats, bro.

• Like 6

Owens is the most compelling character in wrestling right now.  He's a chickenshit heel who is also a dangerous psychopath.  When he was going off on Zayn, there was a feeling like anything could happen.  That's something you don't see in wrestling anymore.  The dude is fucking amazing.  Unimpeded, he could bring that act to the main roster and be the next Stone Cold when he finally turned babyface.

And just a reminder and I think it should be said every month:

Jim Cornette thought Matt Morgan would be a 'Mania main eventer and saw no money at all in Steen and Generico.  Out of touch fucking hick.  More people need to shit on him for that like we shit on Bischoff for seeing nothing in Steve Austin.

• Like 7

According to Meltzer, currently Joe's got the same sort of contract as Rhyno & Brian Kendrick. It's non-exclusive. I imagine that changes in the coming months, especially since his merch has apparently already sold out.

According to Meltzer, currently Joe's got the same sort of contract as Rhyno & Brian Kendrick. It's non-exclusive. I imagine that changes in the coming months, especially since his merch has apparently already sold out.

Just checked the wwe shop site and the Joe tee is down for June 15th. Either thats a release date or they sold out and wont have them back til then

This was a great show. Zayn/Owens was the hate-filled brawl it needed to be, all while working smartly around Zayn's injury - IIRC, the apron bump was the only one he took (and even then he was really watching to make sure he didn't land how and where he shouldn't). The Joe stuff was great, and wasn't even necessary after the Regal stuff, which made it even more awesome. Hopefully he gets new entrance music soon though, as what he came out to last night sounds like the generic stuff they use to dub over music they can't play on the Network.

I don't think I can add anything else that hasn't been said about the women's match. How many more times do the girls have to steal the show before they get to be the main on one of these things?

Also, announcing MVP goes to Corey Graves for making a joke about Emma teaching Bayley how to commit a misdemeanor, and production MVP goes to whoever runs the Twitter scroll at the bottom of the screen for reminding us that Sylvester LeFort is in fact still alive by putting his tweet on there.

• Like 1

And just a reminder and I think it should be said every month:

Jim Cornette thought Matt Morgan would be a 'Mania main eventer and saw no money at all in Steen and Generico.  Out of touch fucking hick.  More people need to shit on him for that like we shit on Bischoff for seeing nothing in Steve Austin.

Well a few things.

1. He still has Cena and Batista in his win column. 

2. He admitted he was wrong about Steen.

3. Zayn and Steen have still not made it. They are over in a WWE developmental filmed at a place the size of the Impact Zone. 

4. Both of them are a million miles away from being Stunning Steve Austin circa 1994, let alone Stone Cold. 

• Like 1

Yeah rewathed Banks/Lynch last night. Actually liked it better on second viewing. That was an outstanding match.

I also am not afraid to state I cried for the reaction to Becky after the match. I remember seeing her in Shimmer and telling everyone who would listen that she was going to be he biggest thing women's wrestling had ever seen. I remember how bad it hurt when she was forced into retirement. Seeing this match kinda nailed it home. She's all the way back and better then ever. And my "revolutionize women's wrestling in the US" claims could maybe possibly be a thing. And she sure has the help.

Some people love NXT because of the amazing performers and kinda becoming an all-star team. I love it because this company took an unknown in Sasha Banks and someone who was a "imagine if" in Rebecca Knox, gave them a shot, and ended up giving us a legit MOTY level match. God bless this place.

• Like 2

I watch a LOT of wrestling.  I watch a lot of enjoyable wrestling.  Thus, it takes a lot for something to really stand out and be memorably great in my mind.  Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch did that.  I went in expecting it to be a strong match and they exceeded my expectations.  I was all in for the finishing stretch and was applauding in my house while watching it on a few hours' delay.  I'd put it in the same category as Blayze-Nakano and Trish-Lita.  I'm sure there are Japanese and SHIMMER matches that I haven't seen that would be at that level of quality, but I'm going from my own current perspective.  So happy to see Becky get the post-match standing ovation, too.  Well deserved.

• Like 1