DVDVR Message Board

NXT UNSTOPPABLE

RIPPA

To not clutter up the NXT thread

Sasha Banks is the best wrestler in the world right now.

Oh delicious irony of Joe showing up in NXT on the day TNA dies

• Like 6

Sasha and Becky are the two best women in the company, and just had the next Women's match in the history of the company.

Samoa Joe debuting in NXT to fuck with Owens made me feel 10 years younger.

Two-match show, but one was the best women's match the company's ever had complete with vicious limb work and the other was a really good angle that ended up with Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens threatening each other, so, yeah, I got my ten bucks worth this month.

And did I miss any sort of tease for that Alexa Bliss heel turn or did they just decide "Eh... what the hell?"

She's been beefing with Carmella and had Blake and Murphy comfort her about it on the weekly show.

The shirt Joe was wearing looked like it had an NXT logo on the back. Just a random observation because I can't put my feelings into words right now.

MY BODY IS READY

• Like 2

Joes music is almost joes music. I was so confused when it hit. Then... fucking Joe!

Owens took a stair bump on the face.

Sasha and lynch was fantastic!

Dude... HHH IS BOOKING SAMOA JOE AND KEVIN OWENS.... this is unreal.

• Like 3

10 years ago, I used to say I could watch Rebecca Knox chain wrestle for hours without getting bored. Tonight confirmed that it is still true. Just keep giving me Sasha and Becky please. That's all I ask.

Also, My body is ready, and my heart is ready. The Joe run I've been wanting for almost a decade. Yes. Just Yes.

Jesus Fuck that Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch match.  Both selling the fuck out of shit. I jumped out of my chair at Sasha's dive through the ropes while holding her arm. That was a crazy match.

Joe showing up and having a face off with Owens was very cool.   Another great NXT special.

Edit:  Tyler's Spring 2015 collection!

If Sara Del Rey can teach the ladies down in NXT to have wonderful matches like the one tonight, I can only wonder what would happen if she got a chance to wrestle herself. 

Joe debut was a bit underwhelming for me, but I will be in the slim minority (no pun intended) of that opinion. 

I really dug the hate in Zayn/Owens before the non-finish. 

And did I miss any sort of tease for that Alexa Bliss heel turn or did they just decide "Eh... what the hell?"

They have been building it slightly if you watch the TV show

1.  Most of Carmella's matches are against Bliss

2.  When Carmella turned down Blake and Murphy, Bliss went up to her and said she needed to show some class

3.  Blake & Murphy costing Carmella a match against Bliss

The only thing I didn't like about Joe return is that entrance music.  Hopefully he gets a new one quickly

Really dug Enzo's selling during the tag title match, he looked like a string of spaghetti flopping around during the end stretch, usually I'm not really into a simple move of tripping up a wrestler from the ropes being the catalyst for a 3 count, but he looked 3/4 knocked out before he was lumped onto the turnbuckle by Cass so it worked.

My thoughts are muddled mess and I'm unsure why that's sticking out but yeah Samoa fucking Joe. Can't believe he got to keep his name, yet alone his entrance song sounding just like his TNA one

edit: oh fuck that headbutt to Regal had me popping hard, too.

Other observations:

Tyler Breeze's entrance = aces. That match was solid, but what I liked is that Breeze TOTALLY unraveled after Bálor kicked out of the Beauty Shot and never got another offensive move in. 

Baron Corbin's strikes are terrible. Some of them barely looked like they touched Rhyno. 

Dana Brooke actively brought down the tag match with her awkwardness.

Minor complaint: Lynch totally stopped selling the arm to make her offensive comeback. Banks, though, was doing all sorts of cool one-armed offense. Still, that match was so good, probably the MOTY from the company so far. 

Aside from the completely shitty horrible Alexa Bliss heel turn this was an absolutely incredible show. I knew we were in for a special night when it started with a Tyler Breeze fashion show but I had no idea it'd be this special. I expected Cena to make the save for Owens and popped huge for Joe for the first time in almost a decade. Becky/Sasha was incredible and stole the show tonight. As someone who thought the world of Becky back in Shimmer, her match tonight was amazing. She more than deserved that standing ovation and it was a beautiful moment.

I felt for Joe tonight somewhat similarly to the WMXXX win for Bryan. Sure, it's a much, much smaller scale, but like Bryan (and Punk before him) it's a guy I've watched work in my hometown for a couple hundred people. I don't care who you are, where youre from, what's your age-- that's as close as you can get to legitimate emotion in pro wrestling as a grown man, and it was as real as it gets.

• Like 1

Kevin Owens right now is the best true heel in the business in my opinion.  Not a cool heel not a cheap heat heel a complete asshole heel that you should completely hate.   He walks past Itami in the parking lot injured saying "That's a shame" which immediately puts him in blame even though I don't think he really did it.  How he completely destroys every announcer around him.   Coming out to a John Cena T-shirt.   Just amazing.    

• Like 1