DVDVR Message Board

Jae's New Generation Era Project!

jaedmc

...because I just found out I've almost got a check coming to me from Google for the ads. THE NEW GENERATION ERA PROJECT IS BACK! This time..it's for the money.

For those who are new to the board or didn't read the thread last time on the old board, I've been working on a project for apparently 20 years, in which I watch pretty much all of the WWF programming from 1993 to the beginning of the Attitude Era(an ending that I'm not actually sure about when it is).

During this project I've discovered many things, like Matt Borne's Doink the Clown is one of the best wrestlers in the company, and that Bret Hart and Ric Flair had a really great Iron Man match that was fancam'd. Go check it out. And feel free to post thoughts about whatever you see from this era, here. So any matches I should make sure to watch as I come to them, or if you go over old blog posts and want to tell me I said something stupid, FEED ME MORE.

Anyway, enough with the introductions let's go:

YEAH YEAH YEAH

HEAVENLY BODIES ARE AWESOME

LUDVIG BORGA BLEEDS

DOINK GOES HOME ALONE ON BAM BAM BIGELOW

&

OH MY GOD THAT'S AL SNOW! 

It can only be...

WWF SUPERSTARS 10.02.1993http://jaedmc.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-wwf-new-generation-era-project.html

Kind of not very important show. They're moving forward with this prankster Doink push, which..whatever Bigelow is kind of the perfect foil for that, since he's agile, and would be the guy people would most be afraid of pulling a prank on for fear for dying.

Lots of Mr. Nanny commercials in this. Does anyone know the time line of when Hogan was for sure gone from the company? It wasn't the night Yoko, beat him right? Were they still in negotiations at this point? I guess I could google that, but I know someone will come through.

Also, anyone know a really great Heavenly Bodies match from Smoky Mountain Wrestling? I would assume they did even better work there as a top team in epic tags.

• Like 3

Jae continues to watch the episodes of RAW that my user name (indirectly) stems from.

Actually if he's up to October he's probably gotten past all those by now.

Glad to see you're bringing this back, dude.

20 MAN BATTLE ROYAL!

BASTION BOOGER TOSSES 123 KID LIKE A BITCH!

RAZOR RAMON HAS ARRIVED!

THE LAST WEEKS OF MATT BORNE DOINK!

A NEW FANGLED TAG TEAM KNOWN AS THE ROCK N' ROLL EXPRESS IS COMING!

It can only be....

RAW REVIEW 10.04.1993http://jaedmc.blogspot.com/2013/08/new-generation-era-project-raw-review.html

Razor's face turn has been a little lukewarm, with younger audiences still getting used to cheering DA BAD GUY, but this match changes everything. He's INSANELY over at the end of this battle royal. At first I thought it was because he was left with Savage, and the crowd thought they were going to get Savage/Ramon, but when Savage went out it was clear they were totally down with Chico. 

Rock N' Rolls are coming in. That's exciting. Bobby called them a new team, and then said in the 80's they were the biggest tag team attraction in the world. Vince chimed in, wondering how the hell Bobby got the RnRs booked for All-American. I don't remember the RnRs WWF run so I'm totally excited to see how this goes.

I'm not going to get my Doink/Bigelow match before Borne leaves, am I?

Heavenly Bodies are the fucking best at just using squashes to do crazy MOOVEZ. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had an hour to kill today soooooo...

Vince McMahon doesn't know what words mean!

Bobby Heenan thinks Helen Hart's name is FELLATIO!

OWEN HART does a missile drop kick to bump the work rate up!

THE MOTHER FUCKIN ROCK n ROLLS ARE HERE!

It can only mean....

NEW GENERATION ERA PROJECT: RAW REVIEW 10.11.1993: http://jaedmc.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-generation-era-project-raw-review.html

At some point they talked about Jim Ross's radio show saying he did an interview with Terry Funk. Anyone know anything about that interview?

• Like 1