DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-18-15

MGFanJay

The zig zag and fameasser are reaching ECW-era levels of "guy waits awkwardly in place so another guy can hit a move"-ness. Last night, Sheamus missed a brogue kick and then bent over, without being hit, to wait for Dolph to hit the fameasser.

• Like 2

The zig zag and fameasser are reaching ECW-era levels of "guy waits awkwardly in place so another guy can hit a move"-ness. Last night, Sheamus missed a brogue kick and then bent over, without being hit, to wait for Dolph to hit the fameasser.

I'll agree with that. Unfortunately contrived spots get worked into a guy's moveset sometimes, and then we end up with people who don't use powerbombs trying to powerbomb Kidman, people selling ranas by awkwardly draping themselves over the second rope for Rey, and people patiently waiting to get clotheslined while Dean Ambrose does that "I'm gonna fall through the ropNO I'M NOT" thing...

The hell of it is that Dolph in a babyface tag team would be phenomenal. He was basically put on this Earth to be Ricky Morton.

And I just realized what I was saying yesterday about Rusev needing a tag run and not knowing who to pair him with...

I think I just stumbled onto the solution.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Ziggler and Rusev...The Eskimo Brothers!!

• Like 3

I just rewatched both Kevin Owens segments from Raw. So good.

I love how it plays into his cold and manipulative side. Instead of facing John Cena on a Raw (like Neville and ESPECIALLY Sami have), he managed to engineer it to get a much bigger match in a much bigger spotlight at Elimination Chamber. We don't know if HHH approached him (or vice-versa), but we do know that NXT is HHH's baby in quasi-kayfabe. ("Make me proud.") What a ruthless, smug and marvelous bastard.

• Like 1

When Cena beats Owens at Elimination Chamber are we going to see more "Owens got buried" posts or "Cena made Owens"  posts because I think both are wrong..  I don't even think they should be wrestling.  I loved the segment and the match will be good but in the end it won't hurt or help Owens. 

Seems as if WWE is just doing shit to do shit with no plan for the future.. for anything. No wonder they have no stars.

I'm kind of expecting a non-finish for Cena/Owens. Even though NXT is officially developmental, their belt is still treated like a big deal. It's well above the IC title at this point. I can't imagine HHH pitching for one of his top stars to come up just to job clean and disappear.

Wasn't Charlotte womens champion and got dealt with within 2 minutes on Raw? I wouldn't put it against Vince to have his top dog go over cleanly despite Trips going to bat for one of his boys. It is intriguing with neither belt on the line as it opens up the possibility for Owens to win, whether it be a fuck finish or not.

Wasn't Charlotte womens champion and got dealt with within 2 minutes on Raw? I wouldn't put it against Vince to have his top dog go over cleanly despite Trips going to bat for one of his boys. It is intriguing with neither belt on the line as it opens up the possibility for Owens to win, whether it be a fuck finish or not.

While I wouldn't put it past Vince either, I feel like that Charlotte thing happened before the company started to put so much emphasis on NXT as a part of their business that could make them some real money and that things are different now in that regard and, in turn, how they'll treat the more popular NXT wrestlers on RAW. I don't think they'd job Charlotte to Nattie in two minutes now (or that they'd do that to Sasha Banks).

While I wouldn't put it past Vince either, I feel like that Charlotte thing happened before the company started to put so much emphasis on NXT as a part of their business that could make them some real money and that things are different now in that regard and, in turn, how they'll treat the more popular NXT wrestlers on RAW. I don't think they'd job Charlotte to Nattie in two minutes now (or that they'd do that to Sasha Banks).

It was probably around then they started to push it. I think you wouldn't see it happen now more because of Vince being so damn impressed with Charlotte after watching one of those house matches between her and Sasha.

Can't post this in the Austin podcast thread for some reason but there's a part in the one with Keller where he's telling Austin about where Owens cuts off Cena and says he's wrestled longer than Cena, and Austin didn't comment on it except heartily go HEH HEH, as to say he approved of it.