DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

First Take really had a whole segment on why kids shouldn't be at the post game presser and Steph had to answer questions about his daughter today. God forbid you missed the quote on both teams playing hard and who gave 110% because a kid is there. Ric Bucher tweeted Steph was a bad parent and his kid was a menace. Then he followed with the "can't you read sarcasm " response

I'm trying to remember any memorable non-kid-related post-game press conferences.  So far all I have is Iverson's 'practice' rant and Scalabrine going in after the Celtics won the title.  I'm pretty sure that's it.

I'm trying to remember any memorable non-kid-related post-game press conferences.  So far all I have is Iverson's 'practice' rant and Scalabrine going in after the Celtics won the title.  I'm pretty sure that's it.

Just NBA or NCAA also cause there was the Wisconsin players and the stenographer from this past tourny

• Like 1

"Both teams played hard" was in a presser, so it's on the list.  

If we're opening it up to non-NBA, then the Super Bowl press conference that got interrupted by a 9/11 truther is my G.O.A.T.

I think the Rockets can push it to six while I think the Hawks are looking at 5 games max.  I see nothing out of them that would concern me if I'm Cleveland. Atlanta had an incredible regular season but I assume you subtract the learning period and the two week vacation and Cleveland would have probably been the one seed.

Wow and now Carroll is hurt. It looks bad.

Larry Bird is not walking through that door, etc. is one I remember despite not really ever paying too close attention to basketball.

Those Lebron 24 second isolation plays are so painful to watch, especially when it doesn't work over and over again.  Run something else; just to make the other see a different set play.  It doesn't make sense, and the game was closer than it needed to be tonight.

You have to win any game where JR Smith goes off like this one especially on the road.  I wonder how longer they are going keep putting Kyrie out there.  He had very little lift on his jumpers.

Hawks lost Carroll.  They need him for his defense.

Obviously it's a big win for the Cavs, but it'd be nice to win a game without it getting close after it'd been put away. The Cavs are like a football team that starts trying to run out the clock with 11 minutes left in the forth quarter.

Those Lebron 24 second isolation plays are so painful to watch, especially when it doesn't work over and over again.  Run something else; just to make the other see a different set play.  It doesn't make sense, and the game was closer than it needed to be tonight.

You have to win any game where JR Smith goes off like this one especially on the road.  I wonder how longer they are going keep putting Kyrie out there.  He had very little lift on his jumpers.

Hawks lost Carroll.  They need him for his defense.

I hated the entire LeBron vs. Millsap iso shit like I hate liver and onions.  It was only made worse by Webber and Miller claiming that Millsap was at the disadvantage despite the fact that LeBron only scored on him once. 

I like how Korver throws his hands up, like the guy in rec league who screams at you "Who's guy was that??" and when you reply "Yours" they give you no answer or tell you to shut up. 

I like how Korver throws his hands up, like the guy in rec league who screams at you "Who's guy was that??" and when you reply "Yours" they give you no answer or tell you to shut up. 

The fact that he tried to act like he didn't make the proverbial, "Business Decision" is fucking hilarious to me.  We know why you left the lane, you know why you left the lane, you don't have to pretend like we all don't know what is going on. 

The fact that he tried to act like he didn't make the proverbial, "Business Decision" is fucking hilarious to me.  We know why you left the lane, you know why you left the lane, you don't have to pretend like we all don't know what is going on. 

The alternative is... not great

Korver-Hall-of-Fame.jpg

• Like 4

Demarre Carroll's MRI showed no ligament damage and he is being listed day to day with a bone bruise. Dude has played his way in to a max contract with a terrible team after this year, I'm happy for him that his knee appears to be okay. I am unsure of his effectiveness moving forward in this series, but we shall see. I'll bet the Hawks get a big boost emotionally if he comes back tomorrow. I think that game will be their best punch. 

As a quick aside, over the years I have learned not to tempt fate by saying nice things about Cleveland sports teams, but I really have grown fond of this team and David Blatt. People are comparing the team right now to the Lebron centric ones from the previous era, but those teams were jelly roll soft. This team just works hard. It's ugly as sin sometimes, but it's somehow still efficient. Last night they had a higher offensive efficiency rating than Golden State did in their game one. In both the Boston series and Chicago series, the other teams points per 100 possession went down every game. They can adjust and are willing to try new tactics. Lebron has consistently held himself accountable after every game, good or bad. I don't think they will win a title this year, but I think it's going to be fun to watch them try to figure out how.

J.R. Smith: "I'd rather take a contested shot than an open shot any day ... It's kind of boring when you take open shots".

I've read the stats back this up too.  He's supposedly shooting a much higher percentage on contested shots than open in these playoffs.

You can't explain JR.

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen a team that can go on a 'run' like Golden State since the peak Nash Suns. The difference being that the Warriors can defend.

You look away for a few minutes and they've either erased a lead or blown a game wide open. It's incredible.