DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

So, Cleveland is on the verge of taking the former New York Knicks nucleus to the NBA finals. That either says something really great about Lebron or really bad about the Knicks.

Both. And RandomAct's bizarre obsession with Len Bias notwithstanding. Leave the memories alone! Something...

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron starts taking mini-vacations during the season from now on unless Blatt becomes Pop Jr. and plays LBJ 30 minutes a night.

Doesn't that assume Blatt comes back

Blatt out coached Brad Stevens, Tom Thibadeau, and the current coach of the year. Soundly. It wasn't even close. If he doesn't come back it would be insane. I think you watch too much ESPN.

Also, assuming Kerr and he both make the finals, how rare is it for two first year coaches to make the finals? It obviously had to have happened once before, but aside from that?

lol @ Blatt outcoaching Stevens.

Boston's efficiency rating went down every game, Cleveland's went up. The Cavs scored more out of time outs and set plays. There aren't really stats to quantify coaching, but I think those start to tell a story beyond the talent disparity. Blatt's adjustments between games account for this and have been exceptional throughout the postseason.

Agree 100%.  But since he was, and what Howard did being way worse, there should be some consistency.  I actually agree with JVG.  There should be one person in Secaucus that makes that call so it's consistent.

What makes the Gibson thing worse is that his leg was being held.  Horford only needs to be brought up simply to point out the inconsistency of it all, but the two examples you provided prove the point.  Also, JR Smith got suspended for doing the same thing Howard just did. The difference is that Bogut didn't drop like a ton of bricks like Crowder did.

• Like 1

What makes the Gibson thing worse is that his leg was being held.  Horford only needs to be brought up simply to point out the inconsistency of it all, but the two examples you provided prove the point.  Also, JR Smith got suspended for doing the same thing Howard just did. The difference is that Bogut didn't drop like a ton of bricks like Crowder did.

He didn't swing as hard or connect as well as JR did to Crowder.

Agree 100%. But since he was, and what Howard did being way worse, there should be some consistency. I actually agree with JVG. There should be one person in Secaucus that makes that call so it's consistent.

I mean, JR got suspended 2 games for a similar play.

Edit: too slow. Also my phone tried to autocorrect slow to D'Lo.