DVDVR Message Board

Veep

Craig H

And Laura Montez Reagan/hostages-ing Tibet!

And Selina's last line to Tom spoken like a teenager who doesn't give a fuck:

"Madam President"

"What?"

"Nice shoes!"

"Oh, come on, man!"

That line delivery was perfect...All of J-LD's lines in the last 20 minutes or so were amazing, everything from "I hate this country" on..she's just done with everything and everybody. I've been there.  You've been there. Just resentment of the air itself for sucking so hard.

As ridiculous as this sounds given how great GoT was, but having already rewatched both, I think Veep won the night and the season.

"can I have a divorce?"

"No.  Next time we get the fastpass.  We get down through these lines so much faster!"

Ben's fate was parallel to Septa Unella's.

Wow. That Veep finale. Ended with a whimper instead of a bang. I think my favorite moment was Gary's meltdown, with Mike and Dan recording it. That was amazing. I also kept waiting for Selena to appear more human.

Silicon Valley I think I enjoyed more. It was a very up and down season and they abandoned exposing something stupid about America's laws, rules, and regulations for about half of the season. That said, I was pumping my fist over the reveal of the Pied Piper buyer. Plus, the last 3 or 4 episodes were some of TJ Miller's best work. As usual, the finale looks like Richard and the team were victorious, but there's definitely some shit looming. I mean, did I misinterpret the ending, or was the issue about the shares not a joke? It really seemed like Erlich was going to hold that over Richard's head. Still not sure how I feel about them abandoning the platform, but maybe they haven't. All the issues of the platform could have been resolved by explaining how Pied Piper works in the simplest of terms.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

All the issues of the platform could have been resolved by explaining how Pied Piper works in the simplest of terms.

There's no download button, How am I going to play candy crunch if there's no download button???

• Like 1

I wanted to say that it felt like Dinesh and Gilfoyle had fewer b-stories this year, but I don't think that's true. I think they had a b-story in each episode, but it wasn't as good as it was in past seasons, or just not as memorable.

Season 5 needs more Dinesh and Gilfoyle, less of Jared and less of Richard being a dick.

"And this is Ellen, our new big girl. She's three."

"Mike, she has the head circumference of a six-year-old."

Mike's dumb face after this line. I died one thousand deaths.

Edit: Regarding Silicon Valley "...less of Jared..." are you insane Craig? You can't keep the Donald away.

• Like 1

I like Jared, but I like Dinesh and Gilfoyle more. Particularly Gilfoyle exposing something dumb about laws and regulations.

It's always weird to me to think that Gilfoyle was the super skinny geek friend from Freaks and Geeks.

I found the finale hard to watch. Yes Selina is a fuck up, but she's our fuck up. I think the producers are making a big mistake moving  the series out of the White House, but that's just me. . .