DVDVR Message Board

Inside Amy Schumer

caley

Last episode was pretty good, end almost felt like a send-off with her thanking the staff, crying and then the marriage proposal. I sincerely hope the show doesn't go off the air with her just jumping feet first into the film world though I'd be happy for her if that happened and worked out. Also, she had a part on the first episode of Why? with Hannibal Buress. Probably the best part of it besides the opening monologue, sadly. Pretty shaky start.

Trainwreck was great.   Cena did a good job with his piece and Lebron's argument about Miami and Cleveland being the same was fantastic.

Also, Tilda Swinton was so great. I never knew she could do comedy.   I mean, aside from telling Chris Evans he has to eat ground cockroach bars (spoilers!) in the back of a train. 

I loved it. My girlfriend and I laughed pretty hard at most of the jokes. There was one joke in particular though, that was so out of place and no one laughed at or even knew how how to react to:

Right when the scene with Amy's eulogy is ending, the shot cuts to Tilda Swinton's character who makes mention of not finding her father's remains. It was so beyond weird and you could hear a pin drop. One of the flattest jokes I can remember in a movie where everything else is funny.

Bill Hader was awesome in it too. That guy needs to be in more movies, but he's also my favorite former SNL cast member in recent memory, so I'm a little biased. I'm a little surprised he didn't do more voices, but everyone laughed hysterically when he dusted off his demon voice.

• Like 1

I dunno...maybe it's me getting older and raising a little girl and trying to get her into Star Wars, but it struck a nerve with me. Different strokes for different folks. It's nothing I would crusade about, just my personal opinion.

I'm getting older and raising a little girl too. "Whorish" is not a part of my vocabulary, especially for a female comedian doing a funny photo shoot. Hardly makes her a "whore." It's wholly insulting to women, especially when used in this way. If you don't like it, that's fine, no one is saying you have to, but no one should have to sink to saying bullshit like that when they could just say it wasn't for them. Christ, it's like you never even watched an episode of Inside Amy Schumer.

• Like 2

I didn't call her a whore.  I said that picture is whorish.  I get what your saying, but don't project on me.  I said it the way I said it.  I can dig you don't like the way I said it, but you're making a big deal about nothing.  

I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who say Amy Schumer isn't attractive enough for them couldn't land a girl 1/8th as attractive as Schumer in real life. Same with Mindy Kaling.

I suppose I can KINDA understand people saying that about Lena Dunham, but I still say the majority of people who consider her unattractive are mouthbreathers who couldn't do better than her at gunpoint.

It's easy to sit on a throne and make proclamations about who is hot and who isn't. But women don't have to be Sofia Vergara to be attractive. And it's odd to hear Schumer trying to make any kind of talk that she's "unattractive" and fighting the power in Hollywood because she's not a supermodel.

Calm down.  Amy Schumer aint that pretty.  And she is an annoying twat to boot.  Mindy Kaling scares small children with that face.  Im sure BJ Novak fed her with a slingshot when he was fucking her

I'm going on record to say I had a problem with one photo.  I'm not interested in shaming her for her looks or anything like that.  

Figured I'd throw that out there, seeing the above post and all...

Calm down.  Amy Schumer aint that pretty.  And she is an annoying twat to boot.

This attitude is exactly the sort of thing that the "12 Angry Men" episode had great fun kicking the shit out of.

And yeah, Amy sucked off a lightsaber. So? Who gives a shit? It's a fashion magazine cover pictorial. I can't think of anything else in the entire world which has less meaning or importance.

• Like 5

That's awesome.

What isn't awesome is the bullshit like saying she had to be fed with a slingshot while being fucked. Fuck that nonsense. Like Jingus said, that's the exact kind of nonsense addressed by the 12 Angry Men episode.

Calm down.  Amy Schumer aint that pretty.  And she is an annoying twat to boot.  Mindy Kaling scares small children with that face.  Im sure BJ Novak fed her with a slingshot when he was fucking her

Schumer trying to make any kind of talk that she's "unattractive" and fighting the power in Hollywood because she's not a supermodel.

my_80s_crush-38358_zpse2da4958.gif

• Like 5

Finally finished the season off today.  If it is the end of the series, I love that it went out with the last sketch not being some feminist sketch, issue-related sketch, deeply satirical or anything, but a stupid sketch about Schumer having three buttholes.

As much as some of the satire is awesome, I really feel like the show is at its absolute best when it's just being silly.  Like you can tell the feminist stuff is important to her but, deep down, she's really just a goofball who likes to joke about stupid things.  That one where she was the 7 in the land of 10s and nobody could see her and the guy got jumped by the bag of dead leaves just SLAYED me.

Also, I know she loves her, but I do not get Bridget Everett stuff.

Bridget perplexes me. I don't get the joke, it's just her being gross without any actual punchlines attached to it. It's like if those (Genre) Movie spoof idiots decided to make a parody sequence which included a fake Amy Schumer, then they'd basically cast Everett just doing her normal routine and then pretend like it's great satire on Amy's shtick.