DVDVR Message Board

Twitch

It's a thing now, has been for a while.  If anyone is streaming their game feeds or whatever you kids call that shit nowadays, post your whatever below I guess.  Or discuss feeds you watch or think is funny or intuitive.  Turn the board onto some good content type stuff or something...

P.S. I'm way too caffeinated for 5:30 pm...I did three runs of Colombian in the bean grinder to make a pot of coffee, when one is all it takes.  I feel like I'm about to vibrate out of my *FUCKING* skin.

Edited by misanthrope304

Easy there soldier.

adam_ak does speed runs of GTA & Doom which are pretty cool. I think he's toying with speed running GTA V, which would roughly take 9-10 hours. 

CalebHart42 does speed runs of the MegaMan X series which are god damned impressive also.

I've been goofing around on Twitch a little, running some SNES and GBA games since that's about all the combo of my computer and Internet can handle without dropping frames like a fool.  I'd love to get into speedrunning games at some point, probably old school RPGs since those are what I find interesting.

While there are tons of speedrunners out there, catching the Games Done Quick marathons are the best way to watch a wide variety of games and get to know various runners.  Summer Games Done Quick is coming up on the 26th of July and supports Doctors Without Borders, so put that on your calendars.

Also the Speed Demos Archive website is a really cool website that shows what speedrunners are running what and the streams are sorted by followers so you can easily see what and who is popular without sorting through everything else on twitch.

• Like 1

With the speed run talk, I'm kicking around the idea of doing a speed run for my Titan through Destiny tomorrow.  I could technically start over from scratch since I'm only a level 3 (original too)... but I don't even have a twitch account so...it'd probably be pointless.

Making a twitch account is super-simple and free.  If you're playing Destiny on either the Xbone or PS4 then they have built in streaming capabilities.  So if you can do it I say go for it!

With the speed run talk, I'm kicking around the idea of doing a speed run for my Titan through Destiny tomorrow.  I could technically start over from scratch since I'm only a level 3 (original too)... but I don't even have a twitch account so...it'd probably be pointless.

I would absolutely watch this all day long at work if you did it.

I would absolutely watch this all day long at work if you did it.

well goddamn, I might have to do it then...Let me do some trouble shooting on this the next few days and see if my crap ass internet can handle it (it's frontier dsl, so it will probably shit the bed wide awake, so to speak).

Alright, I set up a twitch account this morning before work on my xbox one, but I didn't have time to try it out.  I doubt I will tonight (first night back in the gym after a week and a half layoff) or tomorrow either (see previous parenthesis, I will most likely need scooped out of bed like a turd from a litter box monday morning)...It might be a few days before I have the chance to try it out. 

*edit*

user name: misanthrope304

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

So if you like RPGs and like speedruns, starting this afternoon do I have the event for you!

At Noon MDT today RPG Limit Break kicks off it's 4 day marathon to raise funds for the National Alliance on Mental Illness.  The schedule is here and you can also buy some shirts from The Yetee here and 3 dollars of your purchase goes to the cause; sadly no polos for sale.

I'm pretty much going to have this on as background noise everywhere I go and am really looking forward to the Lunar 2 and Earthbound runs.

EDIT: Helps to put the stream link in: http://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak